Life after the death of your Captain

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Life after the death of your Captain

Post by Tacitus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Sooo my Captain died on an away party...I've got some tactical crew manning the bridge and we are cruising around like its all good.

Is it planned to be able to recruit a new Captain, or maybe promote an existing crew member? Seems kinda silly that they wouldn't report back to Star Command HQ and get a new one.
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: Life after the death of your Captain

Post by stevetranby » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Good idea. The plan was that it will eventually trigger game over, since this is how it works in a regular ship battle. Maybe you could hire a captain, or be forced to return to HQ. Ideally we could make it so you can fly around, but are then labeled as rebels or fugitives and relation status with species reverses.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:19 pm

On the subject, would both be out of the question, either getting a new Captain or becoming rebels? Although becoming rebels should only be an option AFTER completing story mode for the sake of not ruining story objectives. Would be cool to become rebels and get to battle some low-level Star Command vessels.

I was also thinking that since the Captain you create has ten points in all three branches maybe you can make it so you can promote a crew member to Captain, but only if they have enough points in two out of three. I've yet to get any skill that high, let alone all three. Making it two skills at ten might make the feature more easily accessible (The idea being that even if you decide to break away and become rebels a ship still needs her captain!).
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Rebels could be fun, maybe part of future update once play as other species is implemented. The skill points issues probably just need balance. If it needs more than balance maybe we'll look at pulling ideas like promote crew to captain, maybe game over if none of your crew has a high enough skill or avg skill.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder