Please make sandbox mode priority #1

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Exedor
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Please make sandbox mode priority #1

Post by Exedor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 am

I wouldn't have released at all until sandbox mode was ready. Notice how every one who looks at the game is like "oh, it's story driven... Well that's ok it's still really good."?

Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Please make sandbox mode priority #1

Post by Ikmalmn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Basically this game is somewhat similar to Bioshock:Infinite where you feel that the game is almost like Fallout....or open world to be short...

Try and take a look at FTL...it feels like your just playing a regular old sandbox game but at the end you must fight a boss
(basically the game itself is story driven game but with random generation of worlds and items that you can get which is quite actually similar to the game)

(im sorry if you don't quite understand this :oops:

roguetrooper2
Squaddie
Squaddie

Post by roguetrooper2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:50 am

Agree, devs have updated the ks: For PC #1 priority extension "would be the 'open-world' exploration". I think this and random content between major decisions would be fairly awesome to fashion more emergent story. :)

True sandbox would be modifying rooms and ship layouts and possibly cross-breeding certain captains with green alien girls. ;0

roguetrooper2
Squaddie
Squaddie

Post by roguetrooper2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 am

Devs: Another idea: Make Survival Mode: Cruise around and random battles and random bonuses trying to survive and hi-score etc? Could be a mash up of pure random events and open-exploration with maybe a random assigned objective?

Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ikmalmn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm

I wouldn't want a sandbox mode have high scores....it just seems pretty dull to me : /

Anyway I like the cross breeding...although you need to care for the baby for...umm 20 years for them to at least being good on everything

And you Double post........DUNDUNDUN!

EwokStarCruiser
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by EwokStarCruiser » Thu May 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Well at least it's not purely linear. Once you get to the second system you can explore at your free will. I was getting the opposite impression from the early reviews so was relieved to see that's not the case.