Community Suggestion Mega Thread

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Rusemaster
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Community Suggestion Mega Thread

Post by Rusemaster » Thu May 16, 2013 8:15 am

soundweaver wrote:
Regarding the group selection, and because I think it's hard to implement classic drag and drop selection methods on touch devices why not assign crew members to teams and add a quick selection icon? when clicked it would automatically select the members of that team. Icon to select all members of the crew would also be nice.

Your thoughts are welcome!
I like this one, perhaps group formation could best be added to the crew button, and not make another button,
where you can do something like "form group", which opens a field and then drag a selection of members into that area,
something like that. When a member of that group is selected, in real time on the ship, I'd say touch once for group, twice for specific member. Or is the other way around better? Or does this suck completely?

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 am

Rusemaster wrote:
soundweaver wrote:
Regarding the group selection, and because I think it's hard to implement classic drag and drop selection methods on touch devices why not assign crew members to teams and add a quick selection icon? when clicked it would automatically select the members of that team. Icon to select all members of the crew would also be nice.

Your thoughts are welcome!
I like this one, perhaps group formation could best be added to the crew button, and not make another button,
where you can do something like "form group", which opens a field and then drag a selection of members into that area,
something like that. When a member of that group is selected, in real time on the ship, I'd say touch once for group, twice for specific member. Or is the other way around better? Or does this suck completely?
I think their positions should be locked in place if they do this forcing you to make good use of tactics. The group can't move to an area where the formation won't fit, like some rooms.

This would help prevent huge masses of crew trying to run around the ship. The other option would be to limit the crew selection size to say 3-4.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Fri May 17, 2013 2:12 am

Had a thought about the future achievements system… would be neat to have a trophy cabinet in captain's quarters or on the bridge that opens up a screen showing the Star Command Medals you've earned (these correspond to achievements on each platform.)
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

Coltari
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Coltari » Fri May 17, 2013 3:03 am

These might have been added already but I was lazy and didn't read the 7 pages of posts;

If side quests etc are being added a mission log of sorts would be handy.

Also thought, once you've met a race you can get your science team to 'research' the species to develop new weapons that have greater benefits against specific enemies, spending tokens towards different research paths would unlock new weapons for the bridge crew to use against said enemies.

so you could research Trilaxian physiology and gain rifles that do +25% against them but are useless against Grol for example.

Spending different token types could have different effects too, Red for weapons, blue would increase healing done by science teams to crew members of that race as they learn more about their physiology etc.

Gives potential for a new 'Lab' room or it could be acquired through a medical upgrade.

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Fri May 17, 2013 6:03 am

Glacian wrote:Had a thought about the future achievements system… would be neat to have a trophy cabinet in captain's quarters or on the bridge that opens up a screen showing the Star Command Medals you've earned (these correspond to achievements on each platform.)
....AND add something small to the Captain's Cabin for every cheevo you get :mrgreen: Maybe a photo on the wall, or a trophy on the shelves. Something visually fun.

mineace
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by mineace » Sun May 19, 2013 10:18 am

i think the beginner mode is quiete easy i finished the game on one day. ^.^

brianlusk13
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by brianlusk13 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 pm

LARGE sized ships! These could be unlocked after beating the game with small and medium, respectively. They could feature new rooms, more room space, and more awesomeness!

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 am

mineace wrote:i think the beginner mode is quiete easy i finished the game on one day. ^.^
Just wait 'til you get to the higher difficulties :lol: Pain and suffering! ...and then the dark side.
brianlusk13 wrote:LARGE sized ships! These could be unlocked after beating the game with small and medium, respectively. They could feature new rooms, more room space, and more awesomeness!
Would be awesome if we could command a vessel like the Olympus. I bet that's a large-sized.... Micari can, why can't we? :lol: But it's probably being considered. That idea isn't a new one in these forums.

thebigdonkey
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by thebigdonkey » Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 am

I've beat the game on blackhole and here are some of my suggestions and comments.

1. Not repairing a breach in the hull next to weapons rooms and then just piling you crew in those two rooms is broken.

2. I'd like to see more missions where you either fight a ship without being boarded or limit the number of times you are boarded in a fight, you'd think that the enemy would eventually run out of away teams.

3. Have your dialog choices not take you to the same conclusion, perhaps even be able to talk yourself out of a fight.

4. I'd like my ship be able to blow up, right now there is no risk of death as long as your captain and the princess are well protected.

5. I'd like to see larger ships with more weapons rooms. Perhaps new weapons too.

6. I'd like to see some battles where you can start with your dodge already charged so you can avoid the first attack.

7. Same with my weapons pre-charged in some fights

8. I know it is coming but I'd love to different styles of missions like an away team or battles.

9. this is probably coming too but new races.

10. I beat blackhole with almost zero upgrades to my ship, I dont think this is right I should really feel under powered in the last boss fight if I am not upgraded.

I think this is a fantastic game with a ton of upside and I hope it continues to improve and grown.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 am

#4 is being added to prevent the hull breach abuse I believe and it will also force you to repair between missions...

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon