Community Suggestion Mega Thread

If only we could hear you scream in space.
HaytieHate
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Community Suggestion Mega Thread

Post by HaytieHate » Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 pm

New room - Research Lab. You can find some artifacts, blueprints, schemes, unknown technology etc. while exploring galaxy or during away missions. You can use tokens and sci crew to do research. You can also spend your tokens to the Lab for buffs. For example: you can spend 3 sci tokens for +30% buff to heal in next battle or 5 yellow tokens to boost recharge rate of weapons or all rooms. And so on.
And sorry for bad English.

scomm96
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by scomm96 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:16 am

First of all, I just want to say that this game is brilliant and has SO much potential. Now let me help you achieve that potential with some mind-melding ideas. Here is my first one.

Bounty Hunting. This can go in many directions but here is a basic set up. At the end of a battle, or on a friendly planet, you are told that a certain being is wanted. They will probably suggest where it is and they will promise a reward if you deliver it to them.

For example, you go to Antoria and engage in a ship battle. Some Antorians beam aboard and your ship's computer identifies one of them as the wanted being. It will have a special icon to identify it, perhaps. You can then order a redshirt(s) to capture the wanted being by clicking on it. For UI ease, perhaps make it so you can't kill them. Eventually, you stun them to the ground.

Here is the next step. As part of your armoury or maybe just a one of my new small rooms, to be suggested, there is a cell block. Once the wanted being is stunned, it is automatically transported to the cell block. It cannot escape unless aided. This is where it gets interesting.

During the battle, if the cell block is damaged for whatever reason, the prisoner escapes, it is not killed. It can then roam freely about the ship again. However, if the main force that you are fighting is allied with the prisoner's species, the prisoner will fight alongside them. If the main force is also the prisoner's enemy, the prisoner will fight alongside the redshirts and they cannot kill each other until all the common enemies are dead. If this scenario occurs, you can choose to a) let the prisoner go out of gratitude, b) ask it to join your crew, or c) re-imprison it. They may refuse or accept certain offers, that's the gamble. If imprisoned, he will automatically be exchanged for a reward (maybe a choice of three) when you arrive at the planet you were meant to deliver it to.

This idea would give loads of subplots and provide more opportunities for risky decision making.

I have loads more ideas which I'll post later.

Thanks for the great game.

scomm96
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by scomm96 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:22 am

Just a little thing.

Please can you give us the ability to change our ship's name. Mine is accidentally stuck with 'ship name'.

scomm96
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by scomm96 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:06 am

Another idea that I'm sure others have already suggested.

Star Command Academy. Pretty simple-instead of buying new crew, you get them for free if you train them via some mini-games. Maybe the academy could be on moon or something like that.

Food for thought.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 am

Hi scomm96, welcome to the forums!

Renaming a ship is on the requests/todo list, no ETA on when the devs will add.
I like your SC Academy idea, though I think I'd call it "Star Command Community College" like they have on the t-shirt :D
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

Sambobsung
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Sambobsung » Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Maybe you could add multi leveled Decks to ships?

Oh and maybe there could be ship traits. Say when you're building your ship, you can add token to give the ship specific traits, whether it be offensive(red), Defensive(blue), balanced(yellow). Just a thought

HaytieHate
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by HaytieHate » Fri May 24, 2013 4:07 am

Sambobsung wrote:Maybe you could add multi leveled Decks to ships?

Oh and maybe there could be ship traits. Say when you're building your ship, you can add token to give the ship specific traits, whether it be offensive(red), Defensive(blue), balanced(yellow). Just a thought
Really good idea! :D But i think it's for SC2. ;(

LordGideon
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by LordGideon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:58 am

scomm96 - Please post your Bounty Hunters idea in it's own thread. It's far too detailed for me to give it justice with a bullet point in the main post. ;)

[Primary Post Updated 05.24.2013 - 11:58AM EST]
"From hell's heart, I stab at thee!" - Khan, Star Trek II

scomm96
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by scomm96 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:25 am

okay, I just added it to a new topic. Hope that makes it easier to analyse and criticise (constructively).

and by the way, I much prefer 'star command community college' now that I think about it. :D

PegLegHeg
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by PegLegHeg » Thu May 30, 2013 6:51 am

I posted else where but thought I'd get more feedback here.

everyone can have the BEST crew in the galaxy...
by PegLegHeg » Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 pm
I have to admit that for a little while I thought I was a tactical Genius... The reason for this flood of over confidence was the fact that I have beat the game twice, on black hole, and once I lost only 2 crew members, and the other time I didn't lose a single crew member. I thought I was awesome, but then I realized that I was just exploiting a game mechanic. So what happened was... after the first time I ran through the game with the little ship, I went to work... and at work I have lots of small 3-5 min breaks, which isn't long enough to enjoy the game as it should be, but it is enough to "tinker"... so I noticed that every time my crew made a coin/token (in dodge Gen, Pro. Torp., Sheild Gen., Etc...) that they would gain experience... so I drilled them... and by drilled them I mean... I made them make tokens... repeatedly... and then jettisoned said tokens into space (aka deleted them).... by doing so my crew was able to have 30/30/30 and unlock all the skills... and all it took was a entire day of not really having my mind on my job... So what I was attributing to my tactical genius, was actually better attributed to the the fact that everyone in a red shirt was able to exercise the "rapid fire" skill....And all of my engineers had the "instant repair" skill... you get the point... the best crew in the galaxy as the result of a little... actually a LOT (entire day at work) of nerdling tinkering... aka doing drills and "simulations" in my mind the bridge looked like this "Dammit Jim, I'm only a Doctor, but this isn't good for Morale" "Quite bones, we are going to do it again, until it's perfect"... you get the point... but the campaign is surprisingly easier on black hole when your entire crew is 30/30/30 and has all skills...

But then it hit me... i never got the pleasure of having the exciting moments that the rest of the forum is talking about... i mean hull breaches are no biggie when all your Engs have instant repair... well for the most part...

So I thought of a fix... maybe you could limit the overall number of points that a character can attribute based on rank...and then let rank experience only go up as the result of missions... so for example, an ensign would have a total of 30 points to split three ways, while a commander would have 90... so that way, crew is actually worth something... when I lost the two crew members, I just hired two new ones, and sat at earth "drilling" until they were 30/30/30... Got to figure out a way to make crew... less expendable.
Lost in space, and lovin it