Community Suggestion Mega Thread

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Re: Community Suggestion Mega Thread

Post by Glacian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:58 pm

pnthrmgck wrote:It would be Awesome if you could add the ability to move the install to your SD card. Not all devices have gigs of storage space on the device itself.
Already fixed in an update.
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

pnthrmgck
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by pnthrmgck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:24 am

Glacian wrote:
pnthrmgck wrote:It would be Awesome if you could add the ability to move the install to your SD card. Not all devices have gigs of storage space on the device itself.
Already fixed in an update.
Is there a delay for people who purchased the game thru humble bundle to get the update that allows moving to the SD card?
I have version 1.1 right now from the humble app. If there is not supposed to be a delay, then ill move my issue to to the correct thread.

lordgibson
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by lordgibson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:29 pm

note i have not read the entire post so I'm sorry if i am repeating ideas
CREW NEEDS

there should be a crew quarters. where your crew can rest. not all crew need to rest at once but if your crew doesn't rest they will slowly lose effectiveness over time and eventually die

canteen. pretty much the same thing except with food

family. your crew will want to visit their families on their home worlds

there will of course need to be slightly bigger ships for this

planetary landings you should be able to land on planets

more weapons yes more ship weapons but also more crew weapons maybe conventional (bullet) weapons automatic weapons and "shotgun" weapons

upgrading the size of your ship without having to replace it and restart the storyline

dodge animation. also dodging should knock down some people on the ship friendly or hostile

lock down lock certain doors and make them barricades

more crew capacity the ability to have red shirt crew without having to assign them to a room this will be useful for boarding parties

more ideas coming soon?

justincoombs21
Developer
Developer

Post by justincoombs21 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:28 pm

been reading this list a lot lately ;-)

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:24 pm

justincoombs21 wrote:been reading this list a lot lately ;-)
Lies!

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

crackshotCerberus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by crackshotCerberus » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

I have a few weapon ideas for crew members.
Shock baton - think of the look on the antorians faces as they twitch from thousands of volts flowing through them. It stuns enemies and damages them at the cost of reduced range.
Gamma Ray cannon - destroy all organic life in its path...just be sure not to kill your own crew through the walls. It fires in a line and cannot be stopped by crew members or walls.
Flamethrower - light everything on fire! Crew members, floors, and invading troops everything will burn!...too bad it is to volatile to teleport across to the other ship (for balance reasons)
Shotgun - low range but high damage. No need to elaborate.
Circuit breaker - harms electronic systems and enemies
All I got for now

RogerWilco
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by RogerWilco » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:38 am

In no partiulcar order:

-Multiple floors would allow for existing ship designs to have more space. One floor for instance could be dedicated to living quarters and amenities [holodeck, mess hall, etc.]
-A database like Mass effect's codex
-SPOILERS AHEAD: after being branded as traitors, you can choose the path of piracy
-Moral reputation determines how NPCs react towards you
-Chryssalid [from xcom] type monster that could infect crew members
-Shuttle Bay: for away team missions that require one
-Armory is for the storage and production of weapons/armor

Jedy33
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Jedy33 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:35 am

So i was thinking about how Away Teams could work.
The captains chamber ( every ship starts with it) is the base for Away Teams, tapping on it will give you an option away teams, tapping that option brings you to a screen where you can pick your crewmembers. In battle there will be a button on the bottom of the screen which controls the away teams, naturally this can only be used when the hull is down. Once on the ship your team controls just like it would on your ship. Your main target would be the opponents control chamber and its weapons, while focusing on killing teh engineers, of course the amount of enemies varies on the difficulty and the race. There are three ways to disable a chamber, the easiest is to destroy it using nades, more effective but a bit more time consuming is to let your engineers hack the chambers ( whilst on the enemy ship of course) thereby disabling it for a long time( note: the enemy will try to remoce the hack with its own engineers, but of course you can murder them out so that wont be possible anymore). The time this takes varies on the level of your engineers ( im thinking, hacking skill tree?). Lastly, killing all enemy troops wins the battle. The player can then choose to instantly repair its own vessel, take the enemy vessel and send it to the ship build system where it can swap ships, or take all the opponents tokens and blow up the ship (note: the vessel you pilot determines how other races react towards you). Taking control of the enemy control chamber is also a way to win the battle ( for it can lock up enemy troops in their rooms). Lastly, maybe a mine system that makes it possible to send bombs and other shrapnel pieces instead of away teams ( like in the battle with that dickhead who wanted to salvage your parts). Lastly, more character customization like changing damage dealt with different guns and damage taken with armour.
These were my ideas.

zephyr12456
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by zephyr12456 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:49 am

Do you guys still going to update this game....?
i can help...

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:40 am

zephyr12456 wrote:Do you guys still going to update this game....?
i can help...
Please stay on topic and yes. They just released a patch for the humble bundle version.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon