Ship Variety / Lose Conditions

If only we could hear you scream in space.
lordfeff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Ship Variety / Lose Conditions

Post by lordfeff » Thu May 09, 2013 1:11 pm

1. Ship Variety. I think the ships you choose from should have more options. Currently the only difference between the Medium Ships **Spoiler Alert** is the layout and cosmetic look. All of the same options for rooms and number of rooms remain unchanged. I have played through twice in just a few days and the game has lost all replay value already due to this. My incentive to play all the ships is gone since there is nothing much else to look forward too. No cool new room to play with or a different configuration where you have more weapons and less of something else etc... Please make each ship have more INTERNAL ROOM SYSTEMS variety options from ship to ship.

2. Lose Condition. I find the lose condition is too easy to over come on any difficulty level. Having to lose your commander as the only lose condition can be easy to overcome. **Spoiler Alert** If you position all of your crew near 1 weapon in a corner and use 2 grenades while shields are down to open a hole on both sides of your ship ahead of the crew the aliens can not reach you. Effectively you are unstoppable. This is made easier if you charge up a dodge just in case the wall next to you is targeted you can dodge the shot. This rarely happens when I played due to the location I piled the guys in. Using this tactic you effectively defeat every foe with only 1 weapon and despite your ship looking like hell in the end it has no impact on game play save that it takes longer to kill an enemy with only 1 gun. On the plus side your yellow shirts will level like crazy after the battle due to all of the repairs you need to do. Making the ship have hit points and pushing more emphasis on shield and dodge management would be more sound. Currently I find the normal strategy impossible past normal difficulty since most shots destroy the shields after only 1 hit even with upgrades.

Also to those who have completed this game and need more there is a game called FTL (Faster then light) on Steam. It has lots of similarities here and more but of course is only on the PC. It also has massive replay value.

Thanks for reading :)