IMPROVE IT: UI/UX Revisions

If only we could hear you scream in space.
eldiano
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: IMPROVE IT: UI/UX Revisions

Post by eldiano » Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

With the new update you made the game easy, now when I am boarded and I destroy the enemy ship, the game says I won, but the enemy disappears from my ship now... this wasn't a big deal before since I had to finish them off but it actually made the game easy especially on black hole.

Please add more enemies like the Aviary kind, the way they multi-target other parts of the ship rather than the usually one spot or multiple areas, this actually made me panic and had to move some crews around before the bombs hit... hehehe Plus what are you planning for the contraband?

jos0405
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by jos0405 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 am

Regarding the PAUSE button:

You mentioned in your recent Kickstarter post, that you don't want to include it into the game, since the point is really to rule the chaos and mayhem brought upon your crew.

I think, what most players want is a PAUSE button, that stops a game, and they can do something else for a while. (My wife is talking to me and I need to stop the game for a moment kind of thing.)

It could be a PAUSE button, that brings you to a another PAUSE screen and you can't do anything else. This function is reachable by going in to load/settings menu, but its 2 clicks instead of just one.

James T. Jerk
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by James T. Jerk » Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 am

If you just hit the button to take you to the main menu, it pauses the game. So the feature you want is already in the game, and only takes one click.

Harlock
Chief
Chief

Post by Harlock » Tue May 21, 2013 7:28 am

jos0405 wrote:I think, what most players want is a PAUSE button, that stops a game, and they can do something else for a while. (My wife is talking to me and I need to stop the game for a moment kind of thing.)
You have a hardware pause button built into your iPad... Hit the 'home' button and SC will pause in the background.

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 am

James T. Jerk wrote:If you just hit the button to take you to the main menu, it pauses the game. So the feature you want is already in the game, and only takes one click.
^This.

And on another note, you can also move around your ship, zoom in and zoom out when the game is paused like this.

jos0405
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by jos0405 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:08 am

James T. Jerk wrote:If you just hit the button to take you to the main menu, it pauses the game. So the feature you want is already in the game, and only takes one click.
Its actually 2 clicks, but home button is also a solution. I don't like to do it, since my SC is sometimes unstable after coming back from the background.

Anyway problem solved ;)

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Tue May 21, 2013 9:04 am

jos0405 wrote:
Its actually 2 clicks, but home button is also a solution. I don't like to do it, since my SC is sometimes unstable after coming back from the background.

Anyway problem solved ;)
Three clicks for main menu (HUD Menu button -> Settings button -> Exit Game)

One click to pause game (HUD Menu button) :lol:

kingposiedon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kingposiedon » Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 am

1.Multiplayer-you can read details on my topic for it on Suggestions page

2.More Weapons-I am seriously getting bored with only a laser cannon,plasma torpedo and machine gun I'd like some more

3.Voices- I would like the crew members to say things during battle or other orders, also aliens speaking in strange different languages

4.I will send you another group of new improvements I would like
Thanks! :)
Why don't you just let me put your brain in a glass bowl i mean its not like the end of the world!
(Only one reported case of fish in a Cortex's glass bowl it touched the brain dead.)

jos0405
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by jos0405 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:34 am

I have a very small issue, but I just have to mention it.

In the game we are moving to a new galaxy during the game. However on the map it seems to be the same galaxy, just a different region in the galaxy, a different quadrant, different 'arm' of the Milky way.

I think it would be more logical to use the term 'quadrant' or 'region' instead of the word galaxy. New galaxy would be a brand new map, with other galaxy-drawing on it.

DigitalVanilla
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DigitalVanilla » Mon May 27, 2013 7:24 pm

anyway we can do a double tap zoom In<>zoom out?
Last edited by DigitalVanilla on Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.