Special Superweapon

If only we could hear you scream in space.
kingposiedon
Ensign
Ensign

Special Superweapon

Post by kingposiedon » Wed May 29, 2013 3:27 am

I think it would be good if when the you get to unlock a "HAWKING" or another high ship there will be an option for a superweapon room, called Death ray
and it would be worth
-Yellow tokens(2)
-Red tokens(2)
-Blue token(1)
Why don't you just let me put your brain in a glass bowl i mean its not like the end of the world!
(Only one reported case of fish in a Cortex's glass bowl it touched the brain dead.)

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Special Superweapon

Post by Tyler1776 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:34 am

Based on complete speculation, I do believe later versions will have such features if not should! As we are still awaiting the 'large' ships to come into the game, witch will most Likly house such rooms, it may be wise to get more detailed suggestions in now.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Tyler1776 wrote:Based on complete speculation, I do believe later versions will have such features if not should!
There's nothing I can recall that's been said about any functionality like this. It's an interesting idea but a "ZOMG WIN BATTLE" button guts the strategizing and franticness to a large degree. Superweapons should be paired with super targets, not other ships :)
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Glacian wrote:
Tyler1776 wrote:Based on complete speculation, I do believe later versions will have such features if not should!
There's nothing I can recall that's been said about any functionality like this. It's an interesting idea but a "ZOMG WIN BATTLE" button guts the strategizing and franticness to a large degree. Superweapons should be paired with super targets, not other ships :)
The feature of the 'super weapon' would obviously have to be looked over and tested to ensure the game doesn't get to easy. My suggestion for the problem is to add some system of coast, making it unreasonable for the player to attack a small ship.

However, this idea may become to complex for some players, and they may loss interest in the weapon entirely.

Another idea is to simply extend the charge time. But that has an 'automatic win' after the weapon charges.

After consideration, I'm forced to agree with your statement, concerning that the feature must be reserved for 'larger ships' (and possibly some planetary WMD style weapon)

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 am

Large ships will get more powerful weapons. How they act towards balance I do not know but the team has done a pretty good job at it so far...

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 am

More powerful, yes… Death Star caliber, hopefully not :D
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -