IMPROVE IT: Alien Tactics

If only we could hear you scream in space.
kingposiedon
Ensign
Ensign

Re: IMPROVE IT: Alien Tactics

Post by kingposiedon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 pm

CORTEX:

These aliens could be able to actually put your crew members into glass bowls-
1.They either hit your crew more than 5 times
2. 4 of them get close to a crew member

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:40 am

STEAM PUNK

On a purely design note, I think it would be quite entertaining to see an alien spicies using steam punk technology in ships, weapons, and clothing. It would certainly expand the 'alien cultural viriety'.

Just something to pounder

ThorJw
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by ThorJw » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 pm

I just replayed the game and noticed that ... For most stages especially those of easier difficulties, i only need to amass my tactical officers at the spot of invasion and could easily repel the invaders since they only appear at one spot.

So i suggest the below ...

Multi-invasion and Alien grouping:

During each invasion, the alien invaders could be grouped up into squads based on their characteristics and the squads will be teleported to different locations on your ship (but the amount of total invaders attacking each time should remain the same).

This will be able to force players to split up their tactical and medical officers into different groups (Giving value to the new unit grouping system), deploying them to different location of the ship to handle different threats according to the abilities of the members in the group.
Evolution will always find a way = MORE ALIENS

Charming
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Charming » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:26 pm

[quote="ThorJw"]I just replayed the game and noticed that ... For most stages especially those of easier difficulties, i only need to amass my tactical officers at the spot of invasion and could easily repel the invaders since they only appear at one spot.

So i suggest the below ...

[b]Multi-invasion and Alien grouping:[/b]

During each invasion, the alien invaders could be grouped up into squads based on their characteristics and the squads will be teleported to different locations on your ship (but the amount of total invaders attacking each time should remain the same).

This will be able to force players to split up their tactical and medical officers into different groups (Giving value to the new unit grouping system), deploying them to different location of the ship to handle different threats according to the abilities of the members in the group.[/quote]

I like this, if i were attacking, i wouldnt send all my troops to the same spot, split them up, thus splitting the defenders
Also, this could make it more challenging when defending

Charming
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Charming » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 pm

[quote="Zavier"][quote="ThorJw"]*snip*[/quote]

Most of these are really good ideas but I do not like zombies being more then zombies... Maybe different forms of zed like one who blows up after death or near crew would work... Not them disabling a room, they aren't that smart. (Although there could be emp or bomb versions somehow that achieve this feat)

-Zavier[/quote]

yeah, zombies have to be slow and not too bright
they shouldn't really be able to teleport, maybe they enter through a breached airlock or something like that - requiring a fix of the door controls prior to dealing with the zombie attack

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 am

Since it's a fictional construct a zombie can be anything… they don't have to be anything ;) Depending on your preferred flavor there are some quite dumb yet fleet footed flesh gnawers.

perriwing
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by perriwing » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 am

Firstly, as a general rule, enemies should spawn i squads that consist of different variations of enemies. For example, they might spawn in groups of 5 with 2 "tanky" type melee-based enemies and 3 ranged gunners.

Now onto my suggestions to the other alien types in combat:

[b][size=200]Cortex:[/size][/b]
-They need to be more of a hit and run kind of enemy, they should beam over, kidnap a random amount of crew and warp out. The balance would be that they would have a specific class for stunning your crew for capture.

[b][size=200]Zombies:[/size][/b]
-They need to be more resistant to your weapons as right now, a few well placed crew and they get shredded. Second, they need to infect your crew if they attack them. The infection should slowly lower your crew member's life until death. Upon death, REANIMATION!

-Oh yea, didn't russians take DOGS to space too? *wink wink* (get the hint?)

[b][size=200]Antorians:[/size][/b]
-Ants should have a worker type that can erect temp defenses for the invaders, as well as a queen-ish type enemy that spawns small antorians that are melee based?

[b][size=200]Trilax:[/size][/b]
-Mercantile races should be sneakier and more money focused. They could have a scavenger class that steals tokens or parts from your rooms that would cost tokens to repair? more of a robbery-style attack. Break in, steal the goods and leave.

[b][size=200]Avarians:[/size][/b]
-As a form of cruel irony, they enjoy caging humans?

[b][size=200]Vocar:[/size][/b]
-Since they hate midorians so much, they should always focus on attacking a midorian crew member first.

-Being all "borg-like", they should have biological weapons such as gas grenades? or a virus? Something that will affect all races but them in their effort to purify the universe?

[b][size=200]Grol:[/size][/b]
-Other than being able to duplicate, 2 low health grol should merge to regain health.

This is my 2 cents on how to make combat more challenging. I really love this game, but it feels lackluster in crew combat aspects.

Note: how does one win a copy of this for android?

cmdrcade
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by cmdrcade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Cortex-
Cortex Captor-Captures members of your crew and turns them into Crew Cortexians. Very weak
Crew Cortexians- Past members of your crew. Would be white instead of silver. If a science crew member "targeted" them they would then rejoin your crew as a regular member. Average strength and armed with blaster
Hacker Cortexian- disables a room and locks its doors until it is killed
Gigantor- Bigger cortexian with double health and triple strength. However, the accuracy of the crew attacking it is doubled. armed with its FIST
Vocar-
Suicide Vocar- will charge in wearing spike armor. When killed leaves its armor as a trap that hurts crew more than fire. One shot kill.
Brute Vocar- Vocar that only has a melee attack but can withstand the vacuums of space. Can destroy walls. Armed with fist and is as strong as Gigantor

MisterS42
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MisterS42 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:06 pm

I know I'm new, but I'm loving your game so far.

As far as tactics go, I'd love to add a bit of strategy to fighting the Vocar

When in close quarters combat with the Vocar, I imagine them to be so dedicated to your eradication for purification purposes that if they are engaged in combat near the side of your ship they will suicidally smash through the hull taking combatants into space.

This would add a new tactic when fighting them, because you'll want to keep them away from the sides of your ship.

Thank you for your consideration!

Han
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Han » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:20 pm

:arrow: Cortex:

:idea: Cortex invasion droid:
A special sort of small droids that can fly around and then lock onto a room, but that room would be far away. If it made it into the room it would lockdown the room which would teleport any body in the room out to the bridge. The rooms doors would be locked and the room would have a spinning red light like in a movie or like from the game dead space. The room would be inactivate and unusable until reclaimed by a engineer. This would have a little mini game to get the droid out of your system. The droid would destroy the ammo tokens slowly. The big problem would be if they got into the engineer rooms or your bridge. If they get in a sentry room the can deploy sentries. If a dodge generator then they will dodge into the direction of the missile that will then do more damage. If the engine room then they will try to overload the engine which will then start to blow up that room. If the bridge then they will proceed to slowly lock down your ship by putting up barriers between rooms, overloading circuits to blowup walls and the ground and locking doors.

:idea: Cortex sentry turrets:
These floating silver balls will have a resemblance to the interaction droid in star wars. It will also set down and shoot like your turrets. This will allow the the cortex to kinda lock down your ship so that you have to move your crew around them.

:idea: Cortex parasitical walkers:
This is a big ball with four legs like from the incredibles that floats over to your ship and latches on to your ship. While the walker is floating toward your ship your attacks will hurt it not the cortex ship. That gives you the option to kill it before it gets to you. Once on your ship it will walk around and then destroy a wall. Once the wall is broken it will throw Cortex into your ship. It will do this three times before self destructing.

:!: These new units will let the cortex's fighting style to be: move in, and take over slowly and completely lockdown your ship. :!:

:arrow: Traxilians:

:idea: Traxilian droid:
This blue-Ish droid with a cricle like head with yellow bubble eyes like their ship has a powerful melee attack that will knock the target back. This droid can self destruct.

:idea: Traxilian master droid:
Heavily armored and will upgrade the armor of its fellow droids.

:!: Traxilians love technology so perhaps the could steal your ammo tokens. :!:

:arrow: New race: Zauns

:!: This would be like the Zerg from starcraft or the necromorphs from dead space or aliens from AVP. They will take over enemy ships and take control of their bodies. These bodies would tank for the pure parasites. Their ships are any ship that is stolen. There could also be cool stuff like when you let over refugees you might find one has a parasite inside them. Also a ship that looks normal has only parasites while a hive ship is covered in a creepy skin like growth. All Zaunites are extremely weak to fire. :!:

:idea: Zuan parasite:
This grub like worm can slither into your crews mouths and infect them. They can be extracted by a medical officer. These crew m members will not always listen to your orders. Then they will explode and become a fully formed zaunite.

:idea: Zaunite:
These are vile creatures that look like the alien from AVP. They have the ability to wrap up your units in goo. They can also craw under the floor pannels and then appear in an other place. They have an almost one hit kill melee attack.

:idea: Zaunite birthing mother:
This big thing can take over a room and create a nest. This spawns parasites and locks down a room. She is very tough and will use her spit attack to hurt your crew and stick them in place. Your crew are exposed to parasites when covered in glue by Zaunites and Zaunite birthing mothers.

:arrow: Other ideas:

:idea: Black Market:
A Traxilian starport where you can buy other ships. You must have schematics for the ship you desire. To get schematics you must battle and defeat the ship you wish to own three times. This is because you must reverse engineer the ship from the wreckage. You can store your ships there.

:idea: Buying Specialized units
When you buy someone, they are already a certain level in one of the three areas. This depends on which token you use. You can also pay more of the same tokens for the person to be a higher level.

P.S. love the game, can't wait to see more!
Shoot for the limbs!