IMPROVE IT: Alien Tactics

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Han
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: IMPROVE IT: Alien Tactics

Post by Han » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Like ThorJW said, it can be quite easy to surround the enemy at the point of invasion. I think it would be better if there were maybe two or three points to which they would teleport, adding some flavor. This would mean though that the groups would be smaller.
Also I think some races should have certain larger enemies like the bigger brute ant that would spawn in the middle of the weaker enemies. This unit would have a captain status and would give a buff to the units around it, like extra health or healing or maybe like a tanky ant that would make your red crew focus down on it. This would make you prioritize enemy units and make the game even more fun.

Can't wait for the update!

Han
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Han » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I keep thinking that the enemies should have different statuses. So like a normal antorian is just a cadet, then it's like special units such as the fire ant or brute ant which would be chiefs, then new special units that have a captain status. These units would spawn in the middle of the group and give out a buff, such as increased attack speed. That would add more flavor to the game and then after captain, there would be commander, so like Kreebu, the strong warrior ant. These could be cool if you had to assassinate them or something.
Thanks for reading and leave a comment! :D
Shoot for the limbs!

pupspals
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by pupspals » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm

not necessarily in Tactics, but would it be possible to have some differences in the appearance of the aliens you hire at Noorfoo besides male & female? maybe they could have different colored horns or something like hair? or beards? I don't know... I feel bad saying "they all look alike" but they do... you can't tell the difference between the princess & any other female of her species.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Don't feel bad… it's an accurate statement :)
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

greenhat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by greenhat » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 pm

-Trilax ships should stop firing once their boarding parties have teleported on, as they are seeking to salvage the ship and hopefully keep their crew alive rather than to destroy the ship by any means necessary. Also, Trilax fire-rates should be reduced to reflect their hesitance. To counteract this, Trilax bomb events should be much more common.
-XP gained from killing zombies should be reduced significantly
-Friendlies killed by zombies should be incapable of being revived in medical. Alternatively, if they are revived, they should turn into (more powerful?) zombies

TheOmniscient
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by TheOmniscient » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 pm

I think the Cortexians could possiblely try to assimilate members of your crew, similar to the Borg, by keeping an empty Cortexians suit with them. They would then go after your bet science officer, decided by rank of course, and take his brain and move it into the empty suit they brought. It's just an idea and it does sound very gruesome when I re-read this, but I still think it would be cool.

I also think the Aviarons could have some explosive banana peels that would, of course, explode when they hit you. It sounds silly but I think it would fit their "prankster" style.

TheOmniscient
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by TheOmniscient » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm

I know this is a bit off topic, but I think it would be cool if we were as to explore the planets themselves. Maybe send down a group of elite red shirts to go down and explore planets that have never been explored. (Much like Star Trek) and maybe they can meet hostile or peaceful aliens and either fight them or make peace. Then maybe record their existence in some kind of data log for aliens. It sounds like fun to me. :D
Always fear the anger of a patient man. Because teu hold back so much anger that when they let it out, you better be running.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Away missions are already in the wings per a Facebook post.

NoBananas
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by NoBananas » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Maybe the enemies can kamikaze you or it could be their last ditch attempt to kill you.

matta30
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by matta30 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 am

Can one of the races have magnetic boots. So if there is a breach in a wall, they can walk right past it without getting swept out??