Pirates

If only we could hear you scream in space.
PegLegHeg
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Pirates

Post by PegLegHeg » Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Pirates!! :twisted:

Two thoughts... pirates, who could be hired, in cases of really low crew numbers... and then of course pirate vessels...

Much of this is a repost from another place, but what if there were pirates, who weren't intent on the destruction of your ship, but just wanted to take your tech...

It could work like this, an alien battle that isn't to the death... instead they shoot your shields down, beam on board your ship, and steal your upgrades!!! Then if they manage to escape... you not only DON'T get victory tokens but you've also lost your upgrades, and have to get them back too!

So for example the aliens could "steal the modulator from your Bridge command display"... for the purpose of game play that command display could stop functioning visually, and you would lose the benefits of the +20 Shield capacity

What would make it even more interesting, and could end up tying it into other aspects of game play would be changing the way upgrades are done... currently they are able to be done anywhere anytime you have the tokens... what if they could only be done at a "friendly" planet or space port... that way, when lets say "Pirates" beam aboard your vessel and steal your command display modulator, then you have to go on an away mission to find a replacement for it... or head all the way back to earth...
Lost in space, and lovin it

Mattatron
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Pirates

Post by Mattatron » Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

I think their ship should be based off of a 17th or 18th century sailing ship. This includes masts (communications maybe?). I like the idea where they try and steal technology and modules from the ship.

PegLegHeg
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by PegLegHeg » Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm

something like this... but space shippy

Mattatron
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Mattatron » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:45 pm

If I were a better artist I would draw my idea. But that is an excellent starting point.

chris
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by chris » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:14 pm

If you drew what you kind of want it to look like I will use my pixel magic ;)

Mattatron
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Mattatron » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Then I will attempt some sort of sketch tomorrow!

Mattatron
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Mattatron » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 pm

So here is my attempted drawing. If the image isn't working go to this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51152442@N08/8931653279/. If anyone wants to add to this then I would like to request the addition of a figurehead of some sort on the front and some more masts (used for communication). Also, does anyone have any recommendations on how to give the ship a metallic look, as if it were made from steel plate? I drew this in gray scale so hopefully a future version will be in color.

PegLegHeg
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by PegLegHeg » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 pm

love that drawing! That'd be cool.

kingposiedon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kingposiedon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:49 am

Mattatron wrote:I think their ship should be based off of a 17th or 18th century sailing ship. This includes masts (communications maybe?). I like the idea where they try and steal technology and modules from the ship.
Like as you said sails.
Why don't you just let me put your brain in a glass bowl i mean its not like the end of the world!
(Only one reported case of fish in a Cortex's glass bowl it touched the brain dead.)

Han
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Han » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:55 pm

I think it would be cool if the pirate battles happened at random in the middle of a warp from planet to planet. Like there would be a thing where you stop in the process and you engineer is like "captian there seems to be something wrong with the engine... And the shields!" and then some one else is like "sir there is a large vessel approaching, they seem to be pirates!" then the could like come along side your ship and blow up a wall. They would jump on your ship in some sort of space suit that kind looks like original diving gear. They take it off and fight you for your tokens, and if you win you get the stolen tokens and maybe extra tokens because they have so many!

:idea: Thanks for consideration and creating the best game on the iOS! Can't wait for updates! :idea:
Shoot for the limbs!