Modes

If only we could hear you scream in space.
ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Modes

Post by ZCKman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

I think it would be awesome if we could be someone else besides Human. I know that would be a hard update but i think it would be cool if we could be Antorian, Grol (Thats what i would choose), Russian Zombie, Human Commander, Human (Default), Avarian, Trilaxian, Vocar, or Cortex! I just think that would be AMAZING thanks!

3kul
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Modes

Post by 3kul » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:39 am

I quite like this idea. Personally I'd be interesting to see the current main story line from the Antorian point of view, and I don't think it would be too difficult to write it in a way that delivers a similar outcome.

For example, you could play as an Antorian warrior who eventually finds out what's going on and opposes the actions of the main antagonist and higher-ranking Antorians out of a sense of resentment for their race being used to promote a member of a completely different race to the highest position of power in their hierarchy.

If the devs aren't interested in this then I guess it could always be done as a mod for the PC version! I'm almost tempted to start writing the script up myself :lol:

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't think it's a lack of interest, it's not a small undertaking. At a minimum means a lot of new artwork for ships, rooms, upgrades, sounds, animations, and more I can't even think of offhand. There's drawing and animating all the cut scenes too. Nothing is "simple", especially when you want to switch perspectives in a story. Writing up scenarios is the tip of an iceberg.
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

3kul
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 3kul » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:27 am

If everybody had that attitude we wouldn't even have the game to play in the first place ;)

In all seriousness, I simply posted to show support for ZCKMan's idea. Just to be perfectly clear, I didn't mean to suggest that I actually knew whether or not the devs were interested (my post was around 24 hours after ZCKMan's, so I'd be delusional to expect that no response from anybody official in such a short period of time meant that they definitely weren't interested), nor did I mean to suggest that the project itself wouldn't take time and effort to produce (ZCKMan also acknowledges that it would be a "hard update"). It might be difficult to implement, but I still think that it would be interesting and well worth the effort.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I didn't comment on the merit of the idea, simply the challenge. They could release an update tomorrow and make a fool of me for all I know ;) I think many of us (myself included) would like the option of different races' ships and new storylines as evinced in various discussions.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 am

This could be possible in the free mode and would require not toooooo much more art work. It would just be a skin really and maybe a fee skill changes.

No more nades, you now spew fire as an anthorian!

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

As more races enter the SC universe this will be a popular request IMO; hopefully it's not toooooooo much more.