(Hopefully) simple ideas!

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

(Hopefully) simple ideas!

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:29 pm

As we all know, star command is an amazing but repetitive game. No one can deny that future versions of the game will become a bed rock of our mobile gaming time. And although there are many MANY! Exiting things to look forward to there are some relitivly simple things that can be done in the near future to improve it. For the sake of time I will attempt to make my posts as short as possible. I encourage everyone to comment and let me know if my ideas are within reach, and if not please let me know what I should aim for. I hope you like what you read and sorry for any spelling errors :)

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: (Hopefully) simple ideas!

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:37 pm

GO TO WORK BUTTON

this one feature would bring my commanding to an ease. All this button would do (after selecting one of your crew) is order your crew to do the secondary job they are assigned.

For example: if I am being invaded I will find one of my tactical crew and one by one activate them sending them on a hunt to find any invaders. When all enemy's have been destroyed they simply wait for new enemy's or new orders.

This logic would apply to all crew

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 pm

TERRITORY WAR
The idea is that the united empires of each species has a territory they must defend. They would be mapped on star systems and commanded from home planets in the systems. The general idea of the war is that the empires would attack each other clamming star systems they conquer.

The player would not be able to fight off an invasion but would be able to capture a system (after fighting a "boss" of course).

Systems would be captured at random but not at overwhelming speeds.

There is also the option for other empires to ask for help giving the territory in question to that species after a victory. May also be done via an alliance joining the two species in one empire.

This may require a relationship measuring tool, to demonstrate friend or foe and to declare war.

RISK
The only potential problem is dominating the map or eliminating an entire species. But a simple solution would be to have the species go into hiding and then popping up later.

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:45 pm

BATTLE STATION

this is a type of space station that serves as a large boss enemy. The idea my be slightly complex to implement right away.

There are really only two parts to the stations. The hull and it's core. Both of witch act as separate enemy's in combat.

In other words you blast into the hull, then destroy the stations core, thus the station is destroyed

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm

ENVIRONMENTAL EVENTS

this is to say that the galaxy itself try's to kill you every so often.

for example: if your warping to another star system you may "accidentally" (randomly) become trapped in the gravitational pull of a black hole. After escaping you would automatically continue your course leaving you less/no time to repair your ship before it reaches a battle, and adding to the luck factor.

This would require having someone in the engine room, and giving that room a perk. This perk predictably would be a boost in propulsion.

The black hole would slowly destroy the ship just as an enemy might. Aka using the same combat logic, replacing your weapons with your engines.

The same idea could be used on other astro logical events.

Theoretically this is a simple idea... But I'm not a coder so what to I know lol

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 pm

DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR

After you've upgraded your ship in every room you may notice you have nothing to look forward to. A simple salution is to incorporate the possibility of lost upgrades to your ship via damage. Making the pursuit of upgrades ever longer.

RISK
The only risk involved in this idea is that it may become to easy for the player to fall into a never ending cycle trying to complete his upgrades while continuously being torn down, resulting in a players retirement from the game. Thus, this update could not stand alone.

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:54 pm

COUNTER INVASION

Although I have a feeling this is going to come on its own regardless I feel it may be important to bring it up.

This would require the creation of a new armory type room, witch would need ammo and be usable on the "combat toolbar". The room would build drones and once activated would send your drones into the enemy ship to kill its crew. After inside you would loss communication with them but would be able to read your drone and enemy population inside there ship.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi Tyler, welcome to the forums!

"back to work" is covered by the 'grouping' mechanic discussed by the devs on a recent blog post. "counter invasion" has been discussed in a couple different ways for engineering types in the UI suggestions mega thread and a few others. Your other ideas sound like potential SC2 enhancements or mods for the desktop version.

As to who knows if a feature is simple? Only the devs… let's try to leave guessing to them :)
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:59 am

EXPLORATION

The definition of witch could be defined as "uncovering the unknown" we'll that's great, but it would take a LOT of work to draw up, name and place all those planets and stars not to mention fill them with life!

What I propose in this department is a sort of... Maze if you will.

Perhaps this maze would be located over planets, some where in dead space, or in strange (randomly popping up and disappearing) phenomenons.

The logic of the maze is not that complex, the idea is kinda like the temple runner. You chose a direction to travel, the background changes to one of a hand full of selections, and you'll randomly find either nothing, tokens, or crew. Later versions could incorporate finding an agent for a mission but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Tyler1776
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tyler1776 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:01 pm

DISABLED EQUIPMENT

this mod would disable damaged rooms inside your ship, requiring they be repaired before they may be used.

Nothing wild about this idea