Teleporting Locations

If only we could hear you scream in space.
Gap Gen
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Teleporting Locations

Post by Gap Gen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:24 am

A couple of times in the zombie missions the zombie horde has teleported right on top of my squad, and given that you have to (I assume, correct me if I'm wrong!) manually click on all of the people to move them, this normally gets pretty messy. It's difficult to see how to stop this, unless there's some ruleset I'm not aware of, like the enemies only teleporting into corridors and not rooms. I wonder if there's a way to stop the enemy teleporting right on top of you and unavoidably murdering half of your crew.

Bakamono
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Teleporting Locations

Post by Bakamono » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 am

There's an option that pauses the game when you have a character selected, I find that makes the whole ordeal easier since you can take your time picking your new location.

Gap Gen
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Gap Gen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:45 am

True, but it still unpauses when you're clicking on the next character. It happened when I had most of my crew bunched up in one place to maximise firepower (weapons are offline in the zombie missions anyway so you can use your weapon crews to fight boarders as well as bridge crew), so I wasn't able to move all my people away in time.

In the end I bunched them all around the bridge, which seemed to work, so maybe that's just the solution for those missions.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

They should teleport in a somewhat predictable pattern. Find a good cross section and you should be okay.

You can also afford a healer by the 2nd mission if you do it right and that will help a lot!

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Gap Gen
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Gap Gen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:56 am

Yes, I'm finding it's helping to have a larger crew, so I don't have to choose between firing my lasers and stopping my med bay from being set on fire, although in the case I mentioned I had about ten redshirts in a clump because the weapons were disabled for that mission anyway. Actually, in general, the shield boost bug in the Kickstarter android release was good for me because it gave me a freed-up scientist as a healer that I couldn't use otherwise.

MILD SPOILER:
My current favourite thing is the mission where the GI teleports into your ship, and all of my bridge crew who met him were aliens. His corpse now seems permanently attached to the floor of my ship, although I now think of him as my ship mascot, so I'm not reporting it as a bug.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:23 pm

I usually start with 1 weapon rooms and 3 guys (captain plus 2). Then next mission make a healing room and buy all crew minus 2 yellow tokens.

You should be able to have a healer and a tom of red shirts that even on black hold can destroy them ;)

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon