Zombies!

Spread your tales of space exploration!
LeonardNimoy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Zombies!

Post by LeonardNimoy » Sun May 05, 2013 3:00 pm

I had just completed the first few missions and was feeling confident. Vaporizing Antoid scum? Check. Hold off Soviet Zombie horde? Check. Thanks to my tactical genius, the hard as nails crew of the Yamato was not only looking Death in the face. But grabbing Death by the shirt collar and head butting it until Death was unconscious on the floor.

Anyway, I had just installed a shiny new torpedo bay and was anxious to use it. The Admiral requested my assistance near Neptune, but the completionist in me demanded I re-visit a few planets before moving on. Ensign, set a course for Mercury!

Wait a minute, another Antoid scout ship? Raise shields! Load the torpedos! Through superior firepower I dispatched their ship in only a minute or so. Not only was it fun to completely dominate them, but I earned a token! I thought to myself... Hmm... Zombie encounter yields many tokens! Set a course for Mars to replay the Soviet Zombie encounter.

The standard "The Yamato v.s. Soviet Zombie Whatever" screen shows up, but this time I see no timer. No problem! Shields up! Load the torpedos! The first round is fired, gnashing off only a tiny chunk of their shields... The boarding party alarm starts ringing. No problem! I dispatch two security officers and a medic from my shield room. I continue to focus my attention on the enemy ship. Another boarding party? My security detail was still dealing with the first group! This time they snuck in near my shield room and engineering. After some quick thinking I dispatch the Captain and Ensign Presley from my machine gun to hold them off. Just as the zombies numbers began to look manageable, the intruder alarm sounded again. They were coming in directly behind my first security team! At this point the zombies outnumbered the crew almost six to one and they began swarming past my security detail into my shield and engine room to attack unsuspecting crewman!

Seeing no alternative I ordered my men into the one part of the ship that was not swarming with green ghouls. We would form a defensive perimeter around the machine gun room to hold the zombie horde while I took small bites out of their shielding. After a few brief and frantic moments, my defensive line was formed. Security up front, medics in back. The only crewman missing was my engineer who was desperately trying to make it past the swarm of zombies to the newly formed safe zone. He was only seven squares away before he was completely surrounded and ripped to shreds. Fortunately in the time it took the zombie horde to tear him apart, my defensive line was perfected. A few tense minutes later and their shields were neutralized. I began to fire on their ship, taking it apart piece by piece. The intruder alert sounded again, this time appearing behind my defensive line. Suddenly my genius perimeter was nullified as zombies began to spill into the machine gun room and completely surround my defenses. My crew never quit firing. Unfortunately it was not enough to save one of my torpedo operators who went down. Suddenly a small gap appeared. The valiant Captain sensing opportunity made a mad dash for the torpedo bay and began loading the last ammunition token. The crew was in a bad way, most had retreated into the machine gun room. A few near-death crewman made a brake for the safety of the long vacant bridge. The enemy ship had 200 hp left. Just as it looked like my crew would be completely wiped out, the Captain fired a volley of three torpedos. The enemy ship began to break apart and the victory screen appeared.

I received just enough tokens to replace dead crewman and set a course for Neptune.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Zombies!

Post by Zavier » Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Haha... That'll teach you to take on zombies ;)

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon