Spread your tales of space exploration!
NukaColaHound
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

SVC Patriot at Neptune Part I

Post by NukaColaHound » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Captain's Log Day 275

SVC Patriot

When I set out for Neptune, I thought it would be a routine mission; boy was I wrong. We were to locate the SVC Proteus; help her crew with their engine troubles, and set off back to Earth for some well-needed sleep, but things didn't go so well.

When we arrived, the Proteus was heavily damaged. There were critical blows along her hull; her engines were on the verge of destruction, and to make matters worse, her communications system was malfunctioning. My crew could only make out a few hectic words from her captain before the ship blew to smithereens.

Debris slowly moved across space; my crew was shocked. We had watched one of Star Command's best vessels destroyed in the blink of an eye. I took charge and quickly calmed down my crew, then ordered for a scan of the Proteus. Our scans reported back no life-signs, the Proteus's crew were all dead. Moments later, my crew reported the SVC Olympus had entered our region of space.

Seconds after their arrival, my ship was hailed. At this point I was a nervous wreck. My throat was sore, perspiration was drowning my face, and my brain was going 1,000 mph. Instinctively, I responded back. I was greeted with Admiral Micari, who carried a stern expression. He stared at me relentlessly for a few moments, expecting me to say something, but I couldn't. Admiral Micari preceded to say to me, "Captain, did you fire on the Proteus?" I was appalled. How could the Admiral accuse me of firing on one of own ships? But before I could reply, he terminated the hail. I stepped back and examined the holographic screen. It showed that the Olympus had locked onto my ship.

I finally snapped out of my dazed state and shouted at my crew, "All hands on deck!" My crew responded automatically, which was quite surprising as I expected them to be as distraught as I was. For a brief second while both of our ships' were preparing for battle I was given time to think. My small ship was going to have to take on the biggest ship in Star Command's fleet, and survive.

Note: I'm fairly young and don't consider myself a big writer, but I thought I would give it a try. Please give honest, kind replies. And if you took the time to read it, thank you.
Kyle Ingram

Proud commander of the SVC Patriot