Star Trek Captains

Off-topic discussion unrelated to Star Command.
captainspacecat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Star Trek Captains

Post by captainspacecat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:20 am

I imagine there would be some overlap between those interested in Star Command and us nerds into Star Trek. I'm definitely not far gone enough to be a full-blown Trekkie but I wonder whether a person's favourite Star Trek captain may be some indication of how they'll play the game. That, and I'm incredibly bored.

So for me, Picard was the daddy; diplomatic and unyielding with his sense of nobility and honour but never afraid to throw down when the time called for it. That's pretty much my approach to most games. A stranger in the distance is always a potential ally, until they try to blow my head off. At which point, it's all guns blazing. That's not exactly Picard's style, mind, but my lack of intelligence and sense of righteous indignation always gets the better of me. An honourable mention for Archer, too. It's just a shame they butchered the last episode of Enterprise...

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Star Trek Captains

Post by Zavier » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 am

My favorite always was Jack O'Neill... He was a real bamf and always found a way to bring his team home...

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Spacemarine658
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Spacemarine658 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm

While I am a Picard fan I'd have to say I captain like Riker self assured but able to listen and always delivering a line with a "I'm the badass" grin (not to mention he never once (not counting when he did it for someone else) pulled out a chair he lifts his leg up and over every time don't believe? Check it out)

Warthix
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Warthix » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I used to be a diehard Picard fan. But honestly I'd say Archer is my favorite. And it's for the sole fact that you have to think about what he achieved with what he had. Kirk was a badass but most of his badassery came from his "Screw the rules" mindset. Picard was a badass, but he was totally overequipped compared to any other trek captain. Archer had next to nothing. NX-01 was the worst equipped ship out there at the time. And he had to make the rules as he went. Hell, he didn't even have phasers when they started out. C'mon.

It doesn't help the fact that all the time-wimey temporal Cold War bullcrap the writers there in there kinda discredited the whole show (If I wanted to watch doctor who I would have), but other than that he was awesome.

Zavier: Hammond. Bam. Your move. :P

matta30
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by matta30 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Zavier wrote:My favorite always was Jack O'Neill... He was a real bamf and always found a way to bring his team home...

-Zavier

O'Neill was Stargate not StarTrek. :P And my wife and I loved him too.