Space Whales and You an Inter-Species Discussion

Off-topic discussion unrelated to Star Command.
LaughingAntorian
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Space Whales and You an Inter-Species Discussion

Post by LaughingAntorian » Thu May 16, 2013 12:06 am

Now let's talk about aliens. Any type of aliens. My first experience with aliens was when i was 9(I know i was total loser NOT hearing about them sooner). When i was nine i watched Predator. Personally i was more perplexed by it's fishnets than its foreign anatomy. Ever since seeing that obviously gender confused fishnet killer i have been increasingly interested in aliens. Wether it be the scientific possibilities or the idea of aliens represented in the mass Sci-Fi culture.

I'd like to see posts about Your experiences with the concept of aliens,Wether it be your favourite movie or you just ate the wrong mushroom and totally thought that bird was a UFO.
Salutations Nerds - The First Internet Born

jhon cena
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Space Whales and You an Inter-Species Discussion

Post by jhon cena » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:28 am

I love predators.

Warthix
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Warthix » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 pm

The Ender saga by Orson Scott Card is my second favorite book series (my favorite being the parallel Shadow series). His Formics are the basis for most of the insectoid aliens you see in sci-fi, and my favorite Martians if you will. (The rachni from Mass Effect? Straight rip off). The last two books get a bit wanky, but on the whole I love it.

My second favorite aliens are "The Race" from Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series. And the reason why is that they are so stagnant as a species. In the stories, they haven't really advanced their technology (or society) in the past 10,000 years. They believe they are the epitome of intelligent life, so why should they change? It's an awesome story seeing how humanity overcomes their advanced technology with pure tenacity (and a bit of stolen plutonium).

CommanderQwerty
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by CommanderQwerty » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

I agree with warthix, Orson Scott Card's series about the Formic wars are a great series, but the last books are a little off. The Enders game series is also a great saga to read.
Of course I'm not going to teleport a bomb over to your ship! Why would I do that...

Avamander
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Avamander » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:50 pm

The first alien experience I had was when I saw Stargate SG-1 and one of the freaking disgusting Goa'uld. SG-1 is probably the reason, I'm here.