Introduce yourself!

Off-topic discussion unrelated to Star Command.
indi
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by indi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 am

-Name/ID you go by: Ben/ Indi
-Hobbies: Gaming, QA, IT, Movies, TV & Life
-Other games you are currently playing: Dota2, CSGO, Black & White 2, Company Of Heros
-What games you like: RTS/ GOD / SIM GAMES
-Other games you own to play with other people: BF3, AC3

Xahni13
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Xahni13 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Welcome Indi. You an I like the same kind of games.. Are you sure we aren't the same person? ;)

Skaidon
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Skaidon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Name: Skaidon or Adam
Hobbies: Reading, Movies, Music, Video Games, Web Development with a lean towards front end (HTML5/CSS3/etc).
Occupation: Senior Web Developer/Prototyper @ Apple in Cupertino, CA.
Games I'm Playing: Ni No Kuni, King Cashing 2, Pixel People, Puzzle Craft, Triple Town
Games I love: Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy 7, Ni No Kuni, PopCap in general, Halfbrick in general.

That should do it ;)

Can't wait to play this game on both iOS and desktops, so much potential here!

My dream is to take a game like this (not too similar, just graphics wise really (pixel art is awesome!)) and take it down the social path one day. Pixel graphics, built on web tech and utilize social trappings. One day, maybe... ;)

- Skaidon

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Hey guys and, if any, ladies :) Shouldn't we pin this thread, or did my vision fail me somehow.... Justin? Zavier?
I'm not much of a forum-type of guy, mostly here for the news and updates section, just in case.

Name/ID: Alex Raxham (same on facebook), "Xidane Payne" in any game, "XaNoobiZ" on Xbox Live. My ship you say? "Asmodeus Rex".

Hobbies: The gym, workin' out focusing on stronglifts, weightlifting and bodybuilding. Need help or advice, just hook me up on Facebook! :) Gonna be a father soon, so my kid and my fiancée will take most of my time.

Occupation: A 26 years old full-time student and soon to be a full-time father (4 weeks to go).

Other games you are currently playing: None that really catches my interest at the moment. Xbox 360 on the shelf accumulating dust.

What games you like: Alot of 'em.... Halo. Mass Effect. Dead Space. Dark Souls. Gears of War. Assassin's Creed.... etc.

Other games you own to play with other people: Not much for multiplayer... unless i'm achievement-hunting. Doesn't have much time for that nowadays.

Well, let's hope everyone gets along and let's kick som space alien arse together! :D

MichaelChangGummelt
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MichaelChangGummelt » Thu May 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Cool idea.

-Name/ID you go by: Michael Chang Gummelt (though on some forums I'm ChangKhan)

-Hobbies: Video Games, Programming, Filmmaking, Writing, Drawing, Puppet-making, Audio Production, etc, etc. :)

-Occupation: Video Game Programmer for Raven Software (16 years) - including Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (which I wrote the script for as well), Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, etc, etc.

-Other games you are currently playing: Farcry 3: Blood Dragon, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Tomb Raider, etc.

-What games you like: Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Star Control 1 & 2, Mass Effect series, Portal series, Elder Scrolls series, DoA series, Fable II, Batman: Arkham series, way way to many others to list.
Michael Chang Gummelt
Raven Software

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 am

MichaelChangGummelt wrote:Cool idea.

-Name/ID you go by: Michael Chang Gummelt (though on some forums I'm ChangKhan)

-Hobbies: Video Games, Programming, Filmmaking, Writing, Drawing, Puppet-making, Audio Production, etc, etc. :)

-Occupation: Video Game Programmer for Raven Software (16 years) - including Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (which I wrote the script for as well), Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, etc, etc.

-Other games you are currently playing: Farcry 3: Blood Dragon, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Tomb Raider, etc.

-What games you like: Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Star Control 1 & 2, Mass Effect series, Portal series, Elder Scrolls series, DoA series, Fable II, Batman: Arkham series, way way to many others to list.
Tried to google you :lol:

MichaelChangGummelt
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MichaelChangGummelt » Fri May 17, 2013 11:17 am

XidanePayne wrote: Tried to google you :lol:
Heh, I haven't googled myself in a long time! Was curious to see what came up. Everything on the first page except the "Who's Dating Who?" is definitely me. Kinda scary! My LinkedIn profile didn't come up directly, I guess because it's under "Mike Gummelt" instead. I should do something about that... :)
Michael Chang Gummelt
Raven Software

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 am

MichaelChangGummelt wrote:Heh, I haven't googled myself in a long time! Was curious to see what came up. Everything on the first page except the "Who's Dating Who?" is definitely me. Kinda scary! My LinkedIn profile didn't come up directly, I guess because it's under "Mike Gummelt" instead. I should do something about that... :)
Well, you've got a pretty impressive merit list, and i've seen a few Ravesoft games here and there :mrgreen: Just had to look you up! And now when you say that most of those images are of you, i have to google you again :lol:

So wait, there''s a black and white picture of a guy that looks like you when you were young? Am i right? That's pretty cool.

MichaelChangGummelt
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MichaelChangGummelt » Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 am

XidanePayne wrote:So wait, there''s a black and white picture of a guy that looks like you when you were young? Am i right? That's pretty cool.
Whaddaya mean *was* young?! ;)
Michael Chang Gummelt
Raven Software

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 pm

MichaelChangGummelt wrote:
XidanePayne wrote:So wait, there''s a black and white picture of a guy that looks like you when you were young? Am i right? That's pretty cool.
Whaddaya mean *was* young?! ;)
Haha, i apologize :lol: Let me re-phrase.... "....when you were even younger than you are now, which is indeed quite young. You look young now, please don't hit me."