Game won't even download on my galaxy note.

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
mycruel
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Game won't even download on my galaxy note.

Post by mycruel » Sun May 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Been stuck on the Downloading or Verifying expansion file window with the bar stuck at 0% and displaying 0/0mb downloaded. Have a brand new Galaxy Note 8.0 with jellybean 4.4.2, I've spent $6 on this game so far tried to download it from Samsung apps which failed miserably then tried a second time on the Google play store which got me into the verify expansion file but the bar just stays at 0%. Even worse I left it on overnight to download but when I wake up, still stuck at 0%!!! I've browsed the forum and I'm very surprised noone else has run into the same issue, so I post new thread about it. Suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Game won't even download on my galaxy note.

Post by Zavier » Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm

This seems to be a device specific problem vs the app as there have been no other issues. Do yo have enough free space? It requires 110mb plus a bit more to ensure the download/install works.

Are you downloading over WiFi? Have you tried deleting the app completely and redownloading it? Have you restarted the device?

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

mycruel
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by mycruel » Mon May 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Hey thanks for the reply I've still got around 8g to play with in terms of space and I'm still experiencing the same problem as before even after restarting my device and attempting to delete and redownload the app (have an error installing try again later -103 from samsung apps and downloading from google play results to the verify expansion file stuck at 0/0mb) was wondering if it could be a conflicting app but I havn't downloaded any strange apps besides maybe Desktop Visualiser, Cubase iC Pro and Samsung IR Universal remote. Another thing I might have thought to be the case is that I don't have an SD card insterted and I thought that maybe the game requires to have one for the install location? Did a bit of research on the web and only found one other person with a galaxy note 8 who tried downloading, reckons they experienced a black screen upon starting the app up.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 am

Do you get error code 489?

Also try this:

Go into Settings | Apps | All | Download Manager and clear data and cache. To the same thing for downloads.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

mycruel
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by mycruel » Sat May 24, 2014 2:56 am

yeah I just don't get it I try downloading the game off the google play store onto my phone (S4) and it downloads the 109MB file but I go and do the same thing on my tablet (note 8.0) and it attempts to download a 2.82MB file when it clearly states it's supposed to be 109MB.

Why won't it just download the 109MB file to my tablet? Can I transfer it from my phone to my tablet manually?

And unfortunately no, clearing Downloads and Download Manager failed to fix anything.

Tat2taffy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Tat2taffy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:04 pm

I'm having the same issue for my iPhone 6 plus but it did all the same as above yet downloaded quarter of the file it seems and then just stops and doesn't do anything further. it's been found this for around a week now