Crash at Phobos

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
Smoochies
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Crash at Phobos

Post by Smoochies » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:28 am

I downloaded the Humble Bundle version of Star Command about a month ago for my Galaxy S4 (stock). The game consistently crashes at Phobos when the NPC offers to show me the selection of ships available. I am about to re-install but I would like to be sure that I get all of my saves. Do I need to root my phone in order to retrieve them or will a vanilla file browser work?

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Crash at Phobos

Post by Zavier » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:32 pm

You have to move the saves to a sfae place but I believe the HB version is glitches there for the GS4 sadly =\
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

darklajid
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by darklajid » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Hey.
So I'm having the exact same issue: Humble Bundle buyer, defended Earth, went to Phobos and when I wanted to look at the ships the game crashed. Consistently. I can load up my save game and repeat that all day.

What's the solution here? 'Reinstalling' doesn't seem like a good plan (ignoring the backup-the-savegames story), because .. that shouldn't change a thing if I install the very same software. Can I help track down the real problem? Is Humble Bundle actually distributing a current version of the game?

Thanks!

darklajid
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by darklajid » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:07 am

Erm. Well. That's odd.

Trying to look at the log (adb logcat) and replaying that stuff .. it worked. Weird. Unsatisfying.