Lag on Ipad

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
rasmusdc
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Lag on Ipad

Post by rasmusdc » Fri May 03, 2013 1:46 am

checked the settings on my IPAD3 the room animations were off by standart... so someone must be aware of the games inability to run on IPAD 3..

turning it on changes it from laggy to "screenshot mode"..

nothing in the APP store text indicated issues with lower than IPAD 4 devices.

yeah it says it will be laggy on older IPAD devices, and laggy does not mean unplayable.. (and i dont really see the ipad 3 as the "older IPAD" device)

seems like a memory issues, but still. its a PIXEL GAME.. a quite simple one. must be som really faulty programming.

ITS a really cool game, hope it gets fixed. so far i only got 1 hour of smooth gameplay.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Fri May 03, 2013 2:04 am

Try turning the BG music off.

There is some thing weird on the ipad3 that is causing this. It never happened while beta testing on them.

Hopefully a patch will be out soon.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

CommanderXXX
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by CommanderXXX » Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 am

My game haven´t been lagging as much as before. I just played the game whit the lag on for some time and then it suddenly dipasered only to show itself again when I repair my space ship.

I now have one of the bigger ships and all rooms filled out and there is no lag at all. So could it be the small ship that is lagging?

paracelus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by paracelus » Fri May 03, 2013 4:51 am

I got rid of it by deleting the dodge generator room and having a shield booster instead... Strange.

Uttrik
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Uttrik » Fri May 03, 2013 5:10 am

CommanderXXX wrote:My game haven´t been lagging as much as before. I just played the game whit the lag on for some time and then it suddenly dipasered only to show itself again when I repair my space ship.

I now have one of the bigger ships and all rooms filled out and there is no lag at all. So could it be the small ship that is lagging?
Are those rooms upgraded?
paracelus wrote:I got rid of it by deleting the dodge generator room and having a shield booster instead... Strange.
Did you have upgrades for the dodge generator?

Essjaythegreat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Essjaythegreat » Fri May 03, 2013 5:58 am

Hi i have an iPad 3 and have the same lag issue, i have the first ship, full crew, and nearly every ship add on. I have narrowed down the lag to my Engineering room which has full upgrades, if i stand an Engineer on a floor square, facing the control panel of the energy tank upgrade i experience game lag can some one else please try this, ill try this on my iPhone 5 to see if it is the same

Vinzz_zzz
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Vinzz_zzz » Fri May 03, 2013 7:42 am

Essjaythegreat wrote:Hi i have an iPad 3 and have the same lag issue, i have the first ship, full crew, and nearly every ship add on. I have narrowed down the lag to my Engineering room which has full upgrades, if i stand an Engineer on a floor square, facing the control panel of the energy tank upgrade i experience game lag can some one else please try this, ill try this on my iPhone 5 to see if it is the same
I can confirm this!

If crew members are simply standing in the Engine room and/or Dodge Generator room, the game gets a huge framerate drop. In the engine room I have upgrade 1 & 2, in the dodge room I have upgrade 2 & 3.

Edit: I'm on iPad mini, latest updates.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 am

I believe this is an AI issue where they are trying to move to a location they can not move to. I'll make sure the developers know and find out what's up asap

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

christof_by
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by christof_by » Fri May 03, 2013 8:01 am

Hello, i have ipad 3 and same issue.

It will be great if developers fix it asap.

Vinzz_zzz
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Vinzz_zzz » Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 am

Zavier wrote:I believe this is an AI issue where they are trying to move to a location they can not move to. I'll make sure the developers know and find out what's up asap

-Zavier
There is no crew movement whatsoever when I get lag, it doesn't seem to be the pathfinding.

--- > My Dodge and Engine rooms are empty, the framerate is perfect.
----> I move a crew member to the Dodge OR Engine room on any square.
----> While he walks, framerate is perfect.
----> As soon as he stops on the square I assigned, the framerate drops significantly.
----> I remove him from the room, the framerate is perfect.