Flashing screen freeze

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
Lupus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Flashing screen freeze

Post by Lupus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi there;

This game looks amazing, but becomes unplayable during the zombie russian cosmonaut level. the screen just flashes black bars and the game sound continues, but the graphic does not. I can continue the game like this until the victory, but it does not save after the victory sound and the touchscreen does nto make any noises when pressed.

I have tried using a fresh install and a fresh restarted tablet, but no change.

i am using a fully update acer iconia a200 with android 4.0.3

i really like this game, but by god does it annoy me when it doesnt work!

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Flashing screen freeze

Post by Zavier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Have you tried updating android? Are you running a mod or unofficial update for android?

The specs seem okay for the game.

One trick to try is to turn the sound off. It helps to save resources. It sucks but may help.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

echolock
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by echolock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:19 am

Just thought I'd register to post that I have the exact same issue. It first manifests during the first Zombie level (although when it happens during this mission does vary) and also during the subsequent level where you have to defend your ship if you grant sanctuary to that green-skinned princess crew member.

My device is an Asus Transformer TF101, Android 4.0.4 stock (the latest firmware version available). Might be a problem with how the game works under that version of Android?

I was going to try it on my CyanogenMod 11-running Samsung Galaxy S3 to see if it happened there too but my guess is it won't. Shame as I like the game better on a ten inch screen.

The problem is very reproducible so I can provide a video or whatever if you would like me to.

echolock
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by echolock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:51 am

Sorry I'd like to elaborate a little, it's Android 4.0.3 not 4.0.4. Interestingly the TF101 and Acer Iconia A200 both share the Nvidia Tegra 2 chipset so it could be something to do with that.