Cannot save game!

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
sirhavoc
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Cannot save game!

Post by sirhavoc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:38 pm

first I cannot save after mars mission, when I repeated that mission I could save normally. After that I cannot save anymore (twice try's on venus).

And one of them I tried to rename the ship and the application crash :_(

(and it usually crash if I tried to change to another application)

simone.visconti
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by simone.visconti » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi, I purchased with Humble bundle.

Apparently, savegame-bug appear randomly. A quick tip: if you push home bottom, than reload it, savegame is fixed (in 10 times, 9 work, 1 crash).
Bug appear after 1 or 2 mission, autosave don't work

My device: GT-I9100 Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.3 (CyanogenMod 10.3)

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Try reinstalling as an earlier version was bugged.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Our top priority issue. Investigation. Seeing if there are any commonalities to save issue: device, OS, etc. We have not tested CyanogenMod so we'll install it on one of our 4.x testing devices. May be an issue with files not closing fully since it appears some are showing up later. Also looking pushing up cloud saves earlier than planned as a second source may help mitigate losses. Will possibly look into implementing allowing saves to sd-card if available, or at least a 2nd write to a backup folder should the main save folder not have the file.

Currently added some extra code to hopefully better synchronize the filesystem.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

Dharis
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Dharis » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Great to hear that you're already working on it! Seems that it seems to be a device specific problem, because everybody who reported the problem so far has the Samsung Galaxy SII.
And as I read in the other thread about low memory available could be the problem... My internal storage has about 700MB of the 1.8GB .left...

Meim
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Meim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Same issue here, Samsung S2 (GT-I9100), Stock Kernel, Android version 4.1.2, rooted device. Game version 1.1. I cant save after completing the Lazarus mission (tried 20 times, still no success)

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Ordered a Samsung GS2 for testing. Will still look into fixing it before then, but may not have a fix until we can debug directly on this device. Will also keep an eye out for any other devices having this issue.

Edit: If you have Android SDK/tools installed you could send a copy of the output to `adb logcat` when connected just after you try to save the game. Maybe it'll have some hints as what's going on.

StormySan
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by StormySan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:40 am

Glad to hear it's being actively worked on. I too am encountering this issue - saves fine until after the Mars mission. Going to the save page shows no existing saves available, and trying to save says it completes correctly, but it doesn't save or overwrite a save in an existing slot.

From the replies so far it looks like an S2 issue - I've an S2 GT-I9100 on Android 4.1.2, non-rooted. Star Command is version 1.1 downloaded and installed via the Humble app.

sirhavoc
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by sirhavoc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:41 am

stevetranby wrote:Ordered a Samsung GS2 for testing. Will still look into fixing it before then, but may not have a fix until we can debug directly on this device. Will also keep an eye out for any other devices having this issue.

Edit: If you have Android SDK/tools installed you could send a copy of the output to `adb logcat` when connected just after you try to save the game. Maybe it'll have some hints as what's going on.

I have some dumps, but I cannot see how to attach them to this forum.

If you would, send me an email by pm and I will send you or give some instructions

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 am

preferably everything on forums, except anything you may not want in public (logs/dumps/other), thus feel free to email: starcommandgame [at] gmail