Cannot save game!

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
oukruk
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Cannot save game!

Post by oukruk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 am

I am on a galaxy S2 as well ... just tried turning off music and sound fx... managed to get through the fight where the ant people are boarding your ship and save the game... seems like you are on the right track ...but at least i have a work around while i wait for a proper fix.
being a developer i understand how hard it is to try and fix a problem when it "works fine on your machine" :P ...hope my info helps :)
...been waiting for this game for a while... really enjoying it so far (even though i have played the first few missions 4 times now :P)
... ill keep playing and post again tomorrow if i run into any more problems... if i dont, its safe to assume i am able to continue saving
thanks
- Chris

StormySan
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by StormySan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:47 am

Another confirmation that disabling music & sound is a valid workaround, I can now save games on my S2.

It's not ideal, but it at least means that I don't have to keep replaying the intro again and again and again :)

Dasmoke
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Dasmoke » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:55 am

less crash (force close) without sound&music , i can save after Venus, but not for a long, save don't work anymore after some missions.

schizoHD
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by schizoHD » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 am

For me it isn't working on Cyanogen Mod 10.1.3 (stable version) on my Galaxy S2 (I-9100).
Another problem, I encountered was that my sound was bugged at the same time: Music stopped playing and the sound effects were randomly not there / very loud / very quiet.#

And I am very happy to see that you're working on the problems in that passionate way!

Dark Lord Kurgan
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Dark Lord Kurgan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:44 am

Disabling sound and music is the only way I can save past Venus. I'm playing it on a PC using the BlueStacks Emulator.

Any sort of ETA on when this will be patched? And don't tell me to look at Twitter, I hate Twitter. I'm not sure what sort of patching frequency they have, I'm assuing soon since there are a lot of pissed off people getting this from Humble Bundle (literally only bought it for this game)

Dasmoke
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Dasmoke » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:28 am

Humble Bundle send to me this "the star command bug report" : http://goo.gl/9aGFNs
i think this is the best way for the DEVS, better than to post on the forum :)

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Update ready for testing today, waiting on some internal testing, tomorrow for download looks promising. My tests saw saves disappear (save/load game) on two GS2s that arrived Monday, switched sound engines and minor tweaks to save/load code, haven't seen save disappear yet in limited testing. Feel free to wait until confirmed before playing again, since after all music/sound is a part of enjoying the game :)
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Dark Lord Kurgan wrote:Disabling sound and music is the only way I can save past Venus. I'm playing it on a PC using the BlueStacks Emulator.
How's playing w/BlueStacks? I test all early prototypes on desktop with mouse/keyboard, and we're obviously going to introduce PC-specific interface, but curious if you've found it difficult to play or not, assuming you aren't using touch.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Dasmoke wrote:Humble Bundle send to me this "the star command bug report" : http://goo.gl/9aGFNs
i think this is the best way for the DEVS, better than to post on the forum :)
This form is one way to post specific bug reports AND to make sure we see that it's an issue. However, there are a few active forum users and moderators who help collect reports and major issues to the team. Also there's a community of support if you post your issue on the forums (or both). Search briefly to see if others have had similar issues. If not addressing issues becomes a problem we'll setup a more formal public ticketing system, but for now we'll keep things simple.

Edit: will modify and post this reply with more information and links on the website once get around to it

Aptherion
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Aptherion » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 am

Possibly silly question, but...
Do sound and music need to be disabled all the time? Maybe you can keep then enabled until you actually need to save the game or something like that.

Has anyone tried this?