iOS: Science and engineering crew don't level.

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
kia001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

iOS: Science and engineering crew don't level.

Post by kia001 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Don't know if it's a bug or just a critical game balance failure but after the last update I find it next to impossible to level science and engineering crew. While my new tac guys are already in their 20s, my new engineers and science guys are at 0, even though I've already left the solar system. Engineers may get a few xp's for putting out fires, but that's almost unnoticeable.
I'm glad that you've removed most of the tokens, but you should've added some other way for non combat guys to level.

My specs:
iPhone 5
iOS 7.0.2
I'm using the save created in the 1.0 version of the game.

kia001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: iOS: Science and engineering crew don't level.

Post by kia001 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:13 am

Just finished the Black hole playthrough (was kinda easy actually, now that I didn't have to worry about dodge, shield and torpedo tokens). All my red rookies hit their 30th level somewhere around the 3rd mission in the midoran galaxy (even without exploiting the martian zombies).

Do you know what was the skill level of a blue rookie, who was one of the two of my dedicated medics by the end of the game? 7.

Do you know what was the skill level of a yellow rookie, who spent half of his time in the engine room and other half running around putting out fires and duct-taping the hull breaches by the end of the game? 3!

Seriously! Fix this!

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:02 am

Red crew level too fast! Check ;)

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

kia001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by kia001 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 am

Room crew still get no experience for working in the rooms even after the last update. The only exception is the gunnery rooms that didn't use the tokens before I think.
I know that compared to other bugs devs had their hands full with this game balance problem seems minor, but it still spoils the experience.

Lurkily
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Lurkily » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 am

I'll second this - tactical crew level up like crazy, seeing either regular weapon activation, or regular combat.

I've made a standard practice of putting my full science crew in a fire surrounded by engineers, to get them to 30. Also, putting a turret in each engineering room to get them to 30 while they man their stations. This is almost soley because there isn't enough legitimate leveling for them to do in healing or fixing.

justincoombs21
Developer
Developer

Post by justincoombs21 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah, this definitely needs some work. Thanks for the feedback guys and we will revisit this. It is tricky as the tactical guys in our current game are simply used more - so we are going to try and beef up the XP for sci and eng to be a bit closer to the TAC.

Snerps.