Android/Humble Crash

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
nmdonaho
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Android/Humble Crash

Post by nmdonaho » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 pm

I guess I just don't understand why there is a meaningful difference between the Google/Amazon versions and the Humble Bundle versions. I really do miss this game though. :(

Sepulchre17
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Sepulchre17 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Made an account just to post. I'm very disappointed in the game devs, I've been unable to play since before christmas on either my nexus 7 or nexus 5. The problem needs to be sorted out, having it be an issue for so long is unacceptable.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 pm

We're all enriched by your comment and it's definitely going to make a difference in getting the problem resolved.
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

Chiqui
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Chiqui » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:36 am

I cannot pass the intro. I reach Mercury and crash after the statement, "No life signs detected." I have tried 2 droid devices and am getting a third for testing(phone, Emulator, & Tablet). Phone is 4.1.2; Tablet 4.0. I have turned sound and music off. Please help!

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm

True the humble bundle wasn't update but its not due to it being a charity version of the app. The update was pulled from various stores due to a few bugs that got through the latest version. A fix is being worked on but I have no eta.

Patches are sent at the same time to all markets but when they update the app is up to the particular store. If they pull an update before its launched you get different versions like what happened this time.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

fatpanda
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by fatpanda » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:02 am

So i had some problems on my oneplus one with the game crashing after 5 mins of playtime...

and than i found a fix that worked for me!
i went into the developer options (to activate that menu got to "About Phone" and tap "Build number" a few times in a row, than it will be above the "About Phone" option) and activated "Force GPU rendering" and it has not crashed since.
i think this only works on stock android but don't quote me on that.

hope this works for someone else as well.

Grale
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Grale » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:22 am

Hi guys,
Really loved this game and was utterly devastated when my game kept crashing when I try to upgrade my ship.
I checked around the forums and it seems like this bug has been there for quite some time.

Just wanted to log that it is still there and hoping for a fix.

Running the humble bundle version 1.1.5 on android 4.4.4 on a Sony Xperia tablet.

Any other known fixes?

Fire
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Fire » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Grale wrote:[..] was utterly devastated when my game kept crashing when I try to upgrade my ship.[..]
If you wait a few seconds before continuing when it says "Here is our ship selection", there's less of a chance that it'll crash. Just don't touch the green "continue" button too quickly.