Android/Humble Crash

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
hdonk
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Android/Humble Crash

Post by hdonk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:12 am

The holidays are over...
Hope we get a fixed Humble Bundle apk soon - It shouldn't be that hard to add scan.ogg to it!!

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:16 am

hdonk wrote:The holidays are over...
Hope we get a fixed Humble Bundle apk soon - It shouldn't be that hard to add scan.ogg to it!!
Comments like this aren't helpful. The fix is as simple or complex as it needs to be and it will be packaged up and published when the devs push an update. Poking the bear doesn't always work out.
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

hdonk
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by hdonk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 am

Well for SnG, I repacked the apk with all the .mp3s converted to .ogg, and the crash still happens, but without the error about not finding scan.ogg.
Here's the bt:
I/DEBUG ( 122): #00 pc 001e61d2 /data/app-lib/com.starcommand.scgame.humble-1/libgame.so (GameLayer::startPanToShipCutsceneWithDict(cocos2d::CCDictionary*)+125)
I/DEBUG ( 122): #01 pc 001e61cb /data/app-lib/com.starcommand.scgame.humble-1/libgame.so (GameLayer::startPanToShipCutsceneWithDict(cocos2d::CCDictionary*)+118)

Looks like a bigger problem.

f0o
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by f0o » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 am

Hi just registrated to say that the game crashes after dialog on mercury. No ship pictures available either.
Tested on Nexus 4 using latest Cyanogen nightly and also using stock android.
As well as stock android via the SDK

Keep up the work, the game is awesome and I miss playing it ;)

oktav
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by oktav » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:44 am

I have the same issue, I can't play the game at all as it crashes as soon as I approach first mission's planet

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Try turning all the sound off until after that mission... Some devices have a sound driver issue it seems

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Koolkat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Koolkat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:39 am

I tried turning off audio and redownloading the humble apk but still no luck. The game loads fine and run until just after I find the remains on the mercury mission and then stops on my nexus 7 2012. Do you want any logs if so just ask and I'll email them wherever.

-Koolkat

kristalharri
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by kristalharri » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:45 am

Even not getting it...How can it resolved? It still shows me an error called "Application Failed" ..I am still in a fix for it..Should I reinstall it??
Check out the process involved in backup for google apps

Valti
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Valti » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:13 pm

I have a Galaxy S4 with all the latest stuff installed.

The same problem as you all have has affected my copy of Star Command since I got it from the Humble Bundle.

I have been in contact with the Humble Bundle Tech support and have worked through them to try a number of different ways of installing and playing the game. All to no avail. I also have a brother who bought a retail version of the game, and his works fine.

Therefore the only conclusion I can come to is that for some reason the Humble Bundle version of the game is different from the retail version, and that there is less priority on fixing this problem because we chose to get this game while supporting charity, instead of just supporting the developers. Even though they wanted to have their game on the Humble Bundle.

I truly hope that is not the case, but I see a lot of people with problems on here, that appear to have existed for quite a while. Surely the easiest option is to just give us access to the version that does work? Alternatively, if that is not an option, do you think you could give us an updated timeframe for when a fix may become available?

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:51 am

Valti… that's a rather bold assumption to make. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt instead of ascribing some (harsh) motive. Using statements such as that to elicit a response to your real question ("any update or ETA?") is… an unfortunate choice.

Note: there haven't been a number of updates that went by ignoring Humble Bumble users, there's been all of one I think.

Edit: don't post the same comment in multiple threads for attention either.
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -