[HOWTO] Backup and restore Star Command savegames on Android

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
lollabie
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

[HOWTO] Backup and restore Star Command savegames on Android

Post by lollabie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Hey,

I've encountered the same problem as some others here on the board. I wanted to backup my saved data so I could reinstall (or transfer data to another device). The savegames are stored in the internal data folder of the app so you need to back that up. I searched around for an app which can do that and this app worked for me: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tta.backup

It involves a few steps but I was able to delete and reinstall Star Command and then restore my savegames.
With the pro version you could also transfer the backup to a different device via cloud save.

What I did:
  • Follow all the installation instructions for the Helium app (and desktop application)
  • Start Helium on phone/tablet.
  • Backup star command data
  • Deinstal and reinstall star command
  • Restore star command data via Helium
  • Play Star command with your saved games.
Hope that helps as a desperate workaround until the devs either switch the storage space to be in the public folder or the do a cloud save.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: [HOWTO] Backup and restore Star Command savegames on And

Post by stevetranby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Thanks for the advice. We are looking to add global cloud saves for each platform, possibly across platforms. We'll also look into moving it to a public folder so you can more easily backup and restore.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder