Android: bug in tutorial

Technical issues and bugs for the mobile version.
kam1kaze
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Android: bug in tutorial

Post by kam1kaze » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

I can't progress through the tutorial at all. When you get to the part where you have to select your crew member (after bulding laser cannon) it won't let you tap on them to get to the next section so you're stuck.

Phone: Nexus 5
Andorid version: 4.4.2

kam1kaze
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Android: bug in tutorial

Post by kam1kaze » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Just a little update. Looks like the problem appears only if I change a crew's name!

evilpoptart3412
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by evilpoptart3412 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:56 am

I just downloaded the app from the Kindle store on my Fire HDX 7" tablet. I have the exact same problem at the same place but I didn't change any names. It froze the Kindle, not just the app so I tried to power down the device and no response. So now I guess I'll just wait until the battery dies from being frozen on and see what happens. Here is a screenshot taken with potato quality camera of where it is frozen. I hope this helps you track it down. Well your forum won't let me post a picture. Essentially it's a picture of my first playthrough frozen right after I clicked the Hire Menu button. The screen shows the tip "This is the Hire Menu. It is only available at homeworlds like Earth"

Telemako
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Telemako » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:06 am

I just bought the game and I'm facing this same problem. I can't play at all.

Nexus 5, Android 4.4.2

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:48 am

Have you tried skipping the tutorial?

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Telemako
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Telemako » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 am

It does not happen if I don't change the crew member name. When I read this thread I tried not renaming and I got stuck anyway, that's why I posted. But on second try it worked, I must have screwed up something on the first try.

It works fine after that (I haven't tried renaming a later recruit, I could try and update).

evilpoptart3412
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by evilpoptart3412 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:18 am

I haven't tried skipping the tutorial. I think it has something to do with flipping around alot in the menus during the tutorial. I can only reproduce it when I flip around in the menus and click things I don't think I'm supposed to click. I'll try to nail down the bug later today and find a way to reproduce it every time.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Very strange. Something like this happened in a very early alpha with the menu flipping but it was fixed long ago

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

evilpoptart3412
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by evilpoptart3412 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

This game is expert at freezing my tablet. If I play long enough in tooltip mode it WILL freeze. Since I can't seem to play it for more than 10 minutes without it freezing I'll have to not play it. It's too bad because it looks like a really fun game. I wish I had a decent camera so I could just record myself playing the game until it freezes a few times for you but I don't. I'll keep an eye on this forum over the next month or so to see if you can nail it down. If you have anything you want me to try shoot me a response.

evilpoptart3412
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by evilpoptart3412 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Also my game version number says vers 1.1 so is it possible that I just got an ancient version from the kindle store?