New Player Tips
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:55 pm
With the launch of Star Command, I thought it would be a good idea to post a few tips and tricks. Feel free to post your own tips and tricks!
- The game has a learning curve - we wanted it that way, you should explore and your going to make mistakes.
- This isn't angry birds (a reference to how you have to learn more then swiping your finger back )
- It's recommended start with the Laser Cannon for your first weapon, it has consistent damage and the mini-game is pretty easy.
- Some weapons or rooms require "Tokens" or Ammo. To make these, you must have one person current assigned to the room AND in the room. Rooms that require these special tokens will have both an "Ammo" and "Info" button.
- When your shields are above the (red/yellow) line (about half way), they will prevent air from escaping and pulling crew out of a hull breach!
- You can repair the shields but occupying a blue room or using the boost from the shield generator.
- There are current 3 different main weapons, each with a unique game:
- Laser Cannon - Press each targeting retinal when the moving circle hits the top red circle.
- Plasma Torpedo - Match the horizontal and vertical lines individually so they intersect in the circles.
- Machine Gun - tap the screen each time the moving circle enters one of 3/4 stationary circles. (Might have to pre click as it gets faster as it might lag due to your device)
- Each color shirt has different actions
- Black - This is the Captain of you ship. He can be assigned to any other room and will still be black. He can not die or you will lose.
- Grey - Crew with grey shirts do not have any room assigned to them. They need to be assigned to a room to be of any help. Consider them helpless citizens until you assign them a task.
- Red - Tactical crew fight invading aliens with their laser guns and also command the large ship-to-ship weapons.
- Blue - Science crew help heal the members of you team (they do not heal invaders or other non-crew on your ship). When in their room, they ensure the shields recharge, if slowly.
- Yellow - Engineering crew can extinguish fires and repair holes in the hull. Be careful during battle if the shields are down else they will get sucked into space. They can also set attack sentries on larger ships.
- Double tapping a token will automatically move it when hiring crew or making a room/upgrade.