Skills

Share your best kept space secrets!
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Skills

Post by Zavier » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 am

Select a Character -> Details -> Skills -> Choose skill -> Press Green Check Mark!
-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

aussiechris
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by aussiechris » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:00 am

Works as advertised. So obvious. Thanks!

Semicom
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Semicom » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm

I think that "blues" should get more HP point by treatment. Since last update, crew members didn't want stand on the fire, useful when is battle on aboard.

MastarPete
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MastarPete » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:24 pm

I took another look at getting blues to stand in fire. (if it matters, I'm running the Android version from the Humble Bundle)

To get fire I used a grenade out in the middle of the corridor. To trick the AI so they stay in the fire I had to have an injured crew-member nearby so that the Blue tried to heal someone. I told a Red to move onto a fire, it took some damage and the AI moved it to a nearby square. If the Blue doesn't have someone to heal they move away.
Once I got the healing party going I let the fire spread to a 2x2 area and used engineers at their max repair range to keep the fire from spreading.

aussiechris
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by aussiechris » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 pm

You are right. Once a blue is healing, and as long as there is somebody nearby to heal, they will keep going (in the android version but I assume ios too). i like to jam them against a wall so there is less space to move away, but it doesn't matter too much.

I also discovered another way to level up yellows without sentry. It's much slower, but it's the perfect set and forget.
Surround a fire with yellows so that their area of effect create a "donut" around the fire, with the hole over the fire itself. Fire has a chance of spreading and will eventually spread out through the ship. The donut of protection will protect the ship and be an infinite source of experience for your yellows. You can even fill the fire with blues to create a blue/yellow donut of infinite experience.

If you have too few yellows to surround the fire, you could try it with an external wall so that the fire can only travel inwards (instead of out in all directions). I'm not sure if you can get a hull breach from fire alone, but unless something blows out your shields you shouldn't be sucked into space.