Misspelled ranking

Report all website, forum, or other non-game specific bugs here.
User avatar
Harlock
Chief
Chief
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by Harlock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Woohoo! Now <grabs dead horse flog> let's move on to putting the ranks in their proper order...

User avatar
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by Zavier » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 am

Harlock wrote:Woohoo! Now <grabs dead horse flog> let's move on to putting the ranks in their proper order...
Never!!!

I really don't think they will... I've tried really hard too...

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

User avatar
stevetranby
Developer
Developer
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by stevetranby » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:57 am

Haha!

In-game? Like the rank names in crew details?

If so, it may be an "All your base are belong to us" landmark of the game that the team decides to keep, but I haven't seen or paid any attention to this as an issue, sorry. That said I would assume we want to fix it, no? I can't see it being funny or iconic to keep them out of order.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

User avatar
Harlock
Chief
Chief
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by Harlock » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 am

stevetranby wrote:Haha!

In-game? Like the rank names in crew details?
For the full details, hit viewtopic.php?f=10&t=449&hilit=ranks#p2667 and viewtopic.php?f=10&t=449&hilit=ranks&start=10#p2984.

Long story short, Junior Ensign and Ensign would both outrank a Chief, and so need to be moved between Chief and Junior Lieutenant.
stevetranby wrote:That said I would assume we want to fix it, no? I can't see it being funny or iconic to keep them out of order.
GREAT SCOTT, MAN. That's the most sensible thing I've read, ever. I could understand someone with no military experience making the mistake, but I cannot fathom someone—after the mistake has been pointed out—clinging to it for any reason. Most people may not realize it, but then a lot of people don't seem to get the differences between there/their/they're or your/you're. It isn't funny, iconic, or sensible; please fix!

User avatar
stevetranby
Developer
Developer
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by stevetranby » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:35 am

Ah, posts from the abyss that is all the other non-bug-reporting sub-forums for me :D
I blame design. They were to address and fix those parts, sheesh, thems slackers. I'll go read the post or specific replies and fix.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

User avatar
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by Zavier » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 am

stevetranby wrote:Haha!

In-game? Like the rank names in crew details?

If so, it may be an "All your base are belong to us" landmark of the game that the team decides to keep, but I haven't seen or paid any attention to this as an issue, sorry. That said I would assume we want to fix it, no? I can't see it being funny or iconic to keep them out of order.
Talk to Jordan... They said they didn't want to change them and something about space...

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

User avatar
stevetranby
Developer
Developer
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by stevetranby » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Zavier wrote:
stevetranby wrote:Haha!

In-game? Like the rank names in crew details?

If so, it may be an "All your base are belong to us" landmark of the game that the team decides to keep, but I haven't seen or paid any attention to this as an issue, sorry. That said I would assume we want to fix it, no? I can't see it being funny or iconic to keep them out of order.
Talk to Jordan... They said they didn't want to change them and something about space...

-Zavier
That's why I mentioned the "landmark" things. I actually remembered a brief discussion on it, and thought what you say was the outcome. But if that's the case ... I shall quarrel with them. Plus, just to appease your mind, I do always discuss any fundamental changes with them before changing, just so you know :P
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

User avatar
Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: ~/

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by Glacian » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Go Rogue! *streaks the field*
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

User avatar
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Misspelled ranking

Post by Zavier » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:12 pm

I'd rather they be fixed tho =p

Just let me know so I can update the forum ranks

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest