Star Command will be launched worldwide, but probably not in

Star Command sightings in the news, on forums and websites.
roguetrooper2
Squaddie
Squaddie

Star Command will be launched worldwide, but probably not in

Post by roguetrooper2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Pocket Gamer: Star Command will be launched worldwide, but probably not in January
We have some good news and some bad news for you, folks.

The good news is that developer War Balloon Games has decided to launch exploration simulation Star Command worldwide rather than limit it to a few test territories.

The bad news is that Star Command probably won't be released this month like promised.

"We had a play testing run-through with average gamers in Boulder, CO last week and the tutorial is not up to snuff - they were getting lost," the dev revealed in a Facebook post.

"So in hopes of making this game as accessible as possible we are revising this - not a big deal - but something."

DenTommes
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Star Command will be launched worldwide, but probably no

Post by DenTommes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Well, really disappointing! I already found myself checking the site hourly for the appstore link to appear.

I just hope SC doesn't need do be renamed SCF - Star Command Forever!

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

DenTommes wrote:Well, really disappointing! I already found myself checking the site hourly for the appstore link to appear.

I just hope SC doesn't need do be renamed SCF - Star Command Forever!
They will announce the date long before release one would think. You can check back here if you want or I can email you if it'd help ;)

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

DenTommes
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DenTommes » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 am

Thank you for the offer, but I'll keep checking back here every now and then anyway, the game concept just sounds to good to be missed!

I think, it's better to release a near bugfree version than one that's unplayable, but I would prefer getting a definitive release date, even if it's further in the future.

It's not easy to develop a game, especially if it's your first and it already created sone kind of hipe, but delaying the release too often could make people forget about it. That's something noone of us want to happen!