SC ALPHA 1 Gameplay Buglist

For PC related issues or bugs.
Einhander
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

SC ALPHA 1 Gameplay Buglist

Post by Einhander » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Hello everyone, this thread is to keep tabs on the alpha game play bugs. So during your play of the alpha feel free to post them in here with mine so we can keep the forums from looking like a dragged mess. This thread is not for OS, extraction, software, and hardware issues.

Objects:
  • *All objects if not interacted with properly break the interface system letting the crew go "buck wild" on their surroundings by targeting and shooting their sidearms at anything or anyone.
    (When an object is interacted with it must immediately be placed or you will get the above issue.)
    *After teleportation objects sometimes revert to a new game position (back in their boxes).
    *Missing object/item descriptions?
    *Objects sometimes overlap each other.
Food Pellet Storage containers:
  • *When interacted on by an crew member a overlay appears and nothing more. Unsure if this is supposed to activate an inventory system or not but the player is only presented with a cube layout as if an object requires placement. This includes the fridge as well.
Combat:
  • *The crew will not always attack an enemy if fired upon often waiting until told to fire or instructed to move closer or at perfect 90 degree angels.
    *The crew will sometimes target allied crew members instead of the enemies resulting in friendly fire (unsure if this was intended).
    *Medic can't chose between healing engaged crew members or to shoot. This often results in the medic standing in place switching back from its healing equipment to its sidearm until combat ends.
    *Crew will sometimes refuse to move during or after combat resulting in a useless crew member.
    *After combat the crew sometimes target anything and everyone resulting in the "buck wild" scenario pointed out earlier.
    *Crew can take up the same space taken by either enemies or allies resulting in a bizarre and whacky laser light show of gunfire.
    *Crew wont hit enemies in specific tiles in their radius no matter how hard they try.(The blind spot reminds me as if a knight from chess were going to move there, so 3 tiles forward and one to either side if that helps any.)
    *Accuracy of crew members is severely hindered by diagonal shots while the enemies seem to have no trouble with it at all.
Teleportation:
  • *Attempting to get crew members to teleport down sometimes results in the "buck wild" scenario.
    *Sometimes crew members will occupy the same space or "tile" when attempting to teleport. This does not seem to impact the teleportation results.
    *Teleporting back to the ship completely breaks the game by removing GUI, the ship infastructure, and the esc key becomes unbound so exit isn't possible. (To exit window out "windows key" and close the program from the desktop or use the task manager.) The timer is still available but is frozen as well.
    *Planet side teleportation tile overlay is not properly showing teleportation zone. Some tiles that are not highlighted may be used.
Pathing or crew movement:
  • *Crew members will often get "stuck" on other crew members or will run circles around them.
    *Crew members will sometimes get stuck near walls or doors.
    *Sometimes instead of interacting with a game object the crew will instead opt for the "buck wild" approach.
    *Crew movement may what seems by random stutter only progressing a couple of tiles at a time stopping for a couple of seconds then resuming their movement.
    *Crew cannot force move after combat(selecting multiple crew members yields no results in the attempt to group move them).
    *Crew members have poor path finding often resulting in bizarre paths that can lead to troublesome scenarios.
Visuals:
  • *Some resolutions render objects like doors improperly completely slicing off a side. (all resolutions confirmed, all graphics quality confirmed.)
    *Resolutions 640x480, 720x480, 720x576, and 800x600 are unplayable due to the dialog box next button is either off screen or hidden behind the timer.
    *Fastest graphics quality allows players to see through the ships tiles into space.
    *Shadows and lighting glitch out on the fantastic setting 1650x1080.
    *Tool tips often occlude interface preventing players from clicking past them.
Game play:
  • *If crew on surface die there is no current way to return to the ship forcing the player to start a new game.
    *Status bars on crew drop to 0 within seconds in normal game speed.
    *Adjusting game speed does not reset speed of animation to the current speed selected.
    *Cursor select/deselect is buggy resulting in hit or miss scenarios when interacting with the game environment.
    *Inventories do not work properly and often result in broken objects, the "buck wild" approach, or intermittent use.
    *Teleportation sometimes fails and requires reset of game files or a new game.
    *When one crew member uses the coffee machine, the energy indicator for every crew member starts flashing, switching between the old state and an increased new state, then returns to old state, once the crew member stops using the coffee machine.
    *Picking up an object with an engineer, then right-click, the graphic for the object disappears, but can still have crew members use it, so they come up to an empty space and play their animations.
    *Wildfires on planet result in only rendering a few fire sprites and not rendering the rest resulting in invisi-death scenarios.
    *Teleportation always resets ship to default state.
    *Sometimes tool tips will remain after interaction resulting in dead space on the screen.
Last edited by Einhander on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: SC ALPHA 1 Gameplay Buglist

Post by Zavier » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Added some formatting. Feel free to keep this list updated and/or I will add some as I see them.

Thanks! =]
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Einhander
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Einhander » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks a bunch bud, I wrote the whole thing up while I was a bit busy so I didn't even think of it.

indi
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by indi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Transporting back to the ship sometimes results in resetting the objects you placed back into boxes.

When all your crew die on the surface your stuffed and have to quit.

The esc option doesn't seem to work when you transport back to the ship i.e the menu doesn't open, you have to end task.

Some in-game items have "Long Description" stated when you hover over them.

As a new player I don't know what the icons mean i.e. the yellow spanner (assuming they meant something in the mobile version) there should be a pop up description.

A tutorial would be nice.

Enemies feel overpowered, 3 crew can just about take out one alien (could be due to some of the issues stated above)

Would be nice if I could give my crew a decent funeral, instead of them entering a pixel abyss, forgotten forever.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:53 pm

For the tutorial I'll be posting on the forum some quick guides as they release content. I'm assuming they won't do a full tutorial until late alpha/beta
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

DonReba
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DonReba » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:02 am

• Energy and hunger indicators drop to zero in seconds on normal game speed.
• Raising game speed, starting a new animation, then returning speed back to normal leaves animation still accelerated.
• Objects sometimes overlap incorrectly.
• Cursor hit testing is buggy (playing at 1650x1080) — it is often a matter of trial an error to find where to click to select an object.
• Shadows and lighting are glitchy on "fantastic".
• Inventories sometimes stop working and continue not to work until I reset the game files.
• Teleport sometimes stops working and continues not to work until I reset game files
• Poor pathfinding: I order a group to go to a destination, and it gradually makes progress, moving to and fro.
• Tooltips often occlude interface. Can't click through them.
• When one crew member uses the coffee machine, the energy indicator for every crewmember starts flashing, switching between the old state and an increased new state, then returns to old state, once the crew member stops using the coffee machine.
• If I pick up an object with an engineer, then right-click, the graphic for the object disappears, but I can still have my crew members use it, so they come up to an empty space and play their animations.
• When I start a wildfire on the planet, only a few of the fire sprites are drawn. The rest become invisible death.

Took two security and a medic to a planetary mission, leaving the engineer behind. Lost one of the security, got lots of loot, and teleported back to the ship. Upon return, the engineer was mysteriously replaced by a new security guy. I now had two security, a medic, and no engineer.

In another away mission, a food pellet appeared under the cursor, and I could do nothing to get rid of it. Pathfinding got broken, everyone ran off in random directions and got killed.

Martyvej
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Martyvej » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:43 am

Trying the game in windowed 1600x900 on windows 7 - downloaded the client from the latest link that was sendt out yesterday.

There's some issues with selecting stuff from the fridge, cant seem to get everything out of it (and who keeps angorian walls in a fridge?).

Teleporting is a bit screwed - Teleporting 1 security guy down and back - resets the entire ship to "default", and the only guys you have are 4x security guys.

Sending down a single engineer will result in "reset" ship, and 3x security and 1 engineer.
Havent tried yet with the medic, but im guessing its the same thing.

Aside from that - you can teleport outside of the marked "exit area" on a planet - at least at all squares 1x outside of it (also including diagonals).

Also had a single crash on hitting the exit button, not sure what caused it though - as it has only happend once despite having booted up the game about 10-12 times.

justincoombs21
Developer
Developer

Post by justincoombs21 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:18 pm

This is an awesome list - thanks a ton guys.

soccerplayah
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by soccerplayah » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 am

Here are some bugs that I have encountered after several attempts of playing:

*When a crew member walks directly behind a wall the character model often slices through the wall, partially appearing in front of it

*Right clicking on objects with a character selected often results in the graphics becoming black and white and a 9x9 square of gray tiles appearing over the objects in the center of the screen

*When commanding multiple crew members to walk together to a location they often walk on the same tile causing one crew member to disappear

*Food symbols randomly appear over crew members before disappearing

*Game music stops randomly on the ship after clicking around a bit. Similar issues can occur on planet as well

*In combat, crew members often forget how to fight and prefer to stand in place and take their lickings till they die

*After all crew died on planet and I attempted to exit the session, the game crashed

Hopefully this helps!