Game is NOT for windows XP users? Where does it says that?

For PC related issues or bugs.
panthir
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Game is NOT for windows XP users? Where does it says that?

Post by panthir » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 pm

I just gave $30 to buy this game. As soon as I unziped it, I opened the SCG-2014.12.18-Alpha1-PC and Science-PC-11-4-KS
files to find the setup for the game. But I only got the the app is a valid win32 application message. :x
As far as I know there is no system requirements to say that the game is not running in win XP systems. :evil:
So it is not working. :(
So, do I get my $30 back? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

andromeda
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Game is NOT for windows XP users? Where does it says tha

Post by andromeda » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:53 pm

from what they told me its a 64 bit app and that there going to work on the 32 bit app since i have windows vista even though my computer can run 64 bit im at 32 bit and im not going to restart the whole thing to change it to 64 so im hoping a 32 bit comes out soon

Einhander
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Einhander » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Please understand that the game is not yet fully developed and there will be a few issues while they are trying to get everything glued together. Assuming an alpha will be fully operational and compatible is not a very wise idea when making any purchase.

But to do my best to answer your question with other responses from users in the forums the issue can stem from a variety of variables.
  • -Microsoft no longer supports Win XP so software updates are no longer viable for downgrading newer programs to be compatible.
    -The game could be locked in a 64bit OS if you are using a 32bit system.
    -The game may require framework from the currently used operating systems to compile properly.
Possible solutions to this issue:
  • -Upgrade your operating system to win 7 or 8
    -Wait to hear from the developers on their intentions for compatibility for Win XP
Please in the future search the forums for the proper topic in case someone has already answered your question.
The topic you are looking for is this one:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1124

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm

I believe its the 32bit operating system causing this error. They should be updating the Alpha to fix this
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

justincoombs21
Developer
Developer

Post by justincoombs21 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:09 pm

We will investigate this. I will ask the devs on Monday if we somehow limited our build to 64-bit only users. I can't imagine that the game wont run on XP - just a big - apologies - i know how frustrating it can be to be an alpha person. We're on it.

panthir
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by panthir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 pm

justincoombs21 wrote:We will investigate this. I will ask the devs on Monday if we somehow limited our build to 64-bit only users. I can't imagine that the game wont run on XP - just a big - apologies - i know how frustrating it can be to be an alpha person. We're on it.
justincoombs21, thank you for your reply. I hope you find a solution soon because I really like the game and I wanted to support your project. I'm waiting for any news about the subject.
Be well.