Win32 build 12038 bug reports (in progress)

For PC related issues or bugs.
weegee
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Win32 build 12038 bug reports (in progress)

Post by weegee » Fri May 08, 2015 7:09 am

Why do I lose character selection after an order was given?

Got a crash on Venus. Away team of 2 securities (incl. captain) and 1 medic. Killed one antorian, and tried to order my crew to shoot at another one. Crash.
Ok, the cause was that simply right-clicking on terrain causes a crash.

During an away mission I've pressed Force return, then a message that my team died appeared. I've reloaded the game, but even after reload the message appeared again. I've reloaded again, and it was there.

During an away mission even when antorians die their health bars are still visible.

Character details dialog is completely messed up

Once antorian shoot his blaster and the projectile was stuck near him forever, even after he was killed.

Do medics earn XP for healing? Could not notice.

UPD:

As soon as I return to ship from an away mission it turns out I'm back on Earth while I was actually on Venus.

Tried to assign a 4-th officer to the bridge and got a message Could not find a free tile in the room.

After a ship-to-ship victory wjen reward is shown pressing Ok in the lower right corner does nothing.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: Win32 build 12038 bug reports (in progress)

Post by stevetranby » Fri May 08, 2015 9:48 am

Thanks for these, feel free to keep updating while we work to address them all. To address the right-click issues we are developing this original game as a mobile-first (compared to Galaxies desktop-first) so the current selection problem is related to having come from "one-button" touching. We will work on improving the desktop experience as we continue its development to support right-click keeping units selected along with testing better on desktop with mouse.

Thanks.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

weegee
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by weegee » Sat May 09, 2015 8:03 am

Added a few units to group, pressed G:1 icon and got a null-pointer crash.

Sometimes walking animations don't work and sprites just change position while the character stands still.

Saved the free-ream game, then started new. Only captain was in the crew. Loaded back my game, some folks (maybe even all) were duplicated and the screen was full of warning that the game failed to assign crew members to their rooms. Observed the same when trying to start a new prologue game after exiting free-roam and vice-versa.

Tried to load a game saved during an away mission. The ship became empty (not a single room was built, although I've built a few), but my crew-members were ok, except all were unassigned.

Room upgrades ad dr. Clebaticus are not visible, upgrade pictures remain monochrome even when purchased.

Skill points are always 00 when deploying an away team.

Will fires eventually fill an entire map during away mission?

Tokens are abundant (ok maybe because it's just a test buid) and of many varieties so it feels like token chest is now too small.

Would be nice to see crew ranks when deploying an away team.

Got a crash when tried to return to the ship from Venus (so many tokens lost...) Unhandled exception at 0x5984EC97 (libcocos2d.dll) in StarCommand.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0F66084D Maybe you could produce a build with debug info so I could see symbols in debugger and provide better crash reports.

When the game is just loaded from save output counters go up and down for a while although my output is 100% in all rooms.

Ok, now my save file is in a state when it most likely crashes SC when an away tem is deployed https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174 ... al-001.scg

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Sat May 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks again.

Will consider either adding debug info or posting an additional debug build. The abundant tokens i sort of placeholder, but also considering a change to how tokens work, either allowing all of one type to pile up in one slot, or switch to a more monetary system where you can have 99 of each of the 3 types of tokens and adjust the costs and remove the token chest interaction with an inventory screen instead. In place of some tokens on away teams or for rewards will be kits or kit parts that combine into a kit (flamethrower, gravboots, etc).

The rest is good to know, one or two save issues I've seen since uploading, but the rest haven't come across, so are great so we work to prevent these crashes.

Prob will need to reconsider the room output system to not queue up change in output for each crew on load.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Fri May 22, 2015 4:25 am

We're going to start creating a post per build.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1292

weegee
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by weegee » Fri May 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Got it. No Windows Phone build yet?