Alpha 4 bugs

For PC related issues or bugs.
SpaceBiteLove
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Alpha 4 bugs

Post by SpaceBiteLove » Fri May 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Figured I'd start a thread now that were digging into it.

Cant get out of options menu (when in game. works on loading screen)

Teleporter button is underneath torpedo button (sticks out just enough to use though. 1366x768 resolution)

SpaceBiteLove
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Alpha 4 bugs

Post by SpaceBiteLove » Fri May 08, 2015 11:03 pm

Hologram gets hungry

lemonrev
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by lemonrev » Sat May 09, 2015 1:07 am

Options menu you cant exit out of it.

When your commander gets transported to the enemy ship you can not tell what has happened apart from the whole of your ship being grayed out and no detail as to why.

The commander on the other ship can not be seen at all area is total black, and when he gets hungry for food you an only see the icon.

There was no tutorial for putting shields up.

There's no real information as to when you start to get attacked what you can do but run and thats only after you have found out that your caption has disappeared and the remaining crew can not do that much.

Your medic is totally useless in this version of the game

I like how the ship can be quickly repaired this helps when your shields are low or none existent

Is there a way to fight back ?, There is no console for this ?

Icons on the side of the screen are not all that notable also when your about to say travel to an area the Little arrow where the timer is maybe a little too simple for people as it took me a little bit to actually press the dang button to understand that it had the option of moving the ship from one location to another.

Just a few things i have picked up in like 5 mins of playing the new version.

folanjo
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by folanjo » Sat May 09, 2015 3:15 am

Hologram doesnt work

folanjo
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by folanjo » Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 am

Eventually got it working by restarting the game.

Another bug. Why can you not scroll around the screen to see all of your ship when zoomed in?

Romah
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Romah » Sat May 09, 2015 5:17 am

Biggest issue I came across so far is crew becoming unresponsive.
After I teleported aboard the enemy vessel, the aliens were not shooting and were just wandering around aimlessly. (maybe because I tried talking to them via hologram table first?)
One of my crew, (tactical) immediately teleported back on my ship.
My medic quickly dispatched two enemies on the bridge and froze in place.
He does not budge. Sent a second crew to the enemy vessel and successfully looted their cargo hold.
Cannot find a way to beam them back. Whether they are frozen or simply disobeying orders do to poor morale (goes down waaay too fast btw) or lack of food I have no clue... Another annoyance is that my crew is scattered in random place after teleport. Its only fair to have them at least in the same room.

This is not a bug yet a major annoyance, but the needs meters are emptied way to fast.
By the time you are done eating you need to sleep. By the time you are done sleeping you are already half way hungry.
by the time you eat again, you are in the bad mood. By the time you are done watching tv for entertainment, you are both hungry and tired.
No work gets done, resources are drained and other crew needs pile up because stations like tv take too long to fulfill the needs creating sort of a traffic jam.
I love the idea of needs in the game. But please, treat it as a plus not a minus. The game should not revolve around that. Give us a a breathing room to actually explore and fight..

The ship combat feels a bit better. (at least the opponents guns dont seem to target my crew, especially when they are on board the enemy vessel, and actually go for my ship) Although cant figure out how or if the shields work. Sad to see shield module and engines missing. (Surely there is a way to squeeze both on?) Cannot test the repairing of the ship or healing of the crew as they are stuck and unresponsive as I mentioned above.

AdriSpace
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by AdriSpace » Sat May 09, 2015 11:39 am

• Bugs
  • Quitting menu isn't working
  • Zooming in/out freezes
  • Hologram doesn't work
  • characters sleeping disappear/is being hidden behind the bed texture
  • characters walks through the textures (mostly through beds)
  • Texture design tips
  • The Television T100 looks too bulky 8-)

Dalgorn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Dalgorn » Sat May 09, 2015 2:57 pm

I have exactly the same bugs on the 64 bit version, the worst thing is that movements are very hard and not always responding. Another thing I-d like to know is: why isn't there a saving option? It would be useful to continue testing the game slowly and step by step even if there are bugs. Having to start every time from the beginning is very boring.
Anyway... Tahnx for your work, I relly love this game and I hope you will make it great like the first and simple tablet version.

ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZCKman » Sat May 09, 2015 6:56 pm

An overall tutorial on the version may be able to help with some of these... I could defiantly use one.

folanjo
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by folanjo » Thu May 14, 2015 4:25 am

folanjo wrote:Eventually got it working by restarting the game.

Another bug. Why can you not scroll around the screen to see all of your ship when zoomed in?
These are the bugs/problems I have found.

Actually scratch that. Restarted the game again. I left click on a character. Then click on the hologram. All that comes up is 'use'. It turns green but does nothing else. What button do I need to press or use. It's fine beta testing but a little guidance might be nice. Maybe a readme with keyboard instructions etc.

Also how do you save? If you can it isn't obvious.

Keys are really responsive in game.

If you click on options whist in game it wont let you go back to the game.

To be honest the tutorial is a nuisance more than anything. A set of instructions would be a bewtter idea with pictures preferably.

I love star command and the idea behind this. I think you have the makings of an amazing game. Just a little tweaking needed and making it more user friendly.