Questions Regarding the Tutorial

For PC related issues or bugs.
SilentZealot
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Questions Regarding the Tutorial

Post by SilentZealot » Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Hello there,

I have been a fan of Star Command for quite some time now, I purchased the mobile app on my iPhone about a year and a half ago. I began to wonder when the game might see another update, and after finding out about Galaxies I can see why there has been a delay: there is a new game out from the developers. So I reviewed it the past couple days, and finally decided to purchase it today and downloaded the 64-bit for Windows.

I don't know if everyone is having the same problems that I have had thus far, but I cannot get out of the tutorial. I begin by begin told to accept the starting mission of Kill a Trilaxian, but I never see the purple indicator on the map screen for the mission area. But regardless, I wandered and found a Trilaxian vessel, and began fighting. I think that the combat is excellent (with the exception of tremendous ammunition expense of the machine gun), and in the midst of the fight I received a notification stating that I'd completed my mission and earned $500. However, at the top of the screen my total funds did not update, and I was unsure of whether I needed to return to my starting location to turn in the mission? Also, the tutorial continues to prompt me to accept the original mission. I eventually ran out of ammunition, scrap, and food because I was unsure of where I was supposed to go next.

Can someone please let me know if there is a fix of some sort to this, or at least let me know if I'm alone in this problem. The game seems very well done for being in Alpha, and I am just hoping that I can get to see the full potential of this game.

Thank you.

Magarkus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Questions Regarding the Tutorial

Post by Magarkus » Fri May 29, 2015 7:55 pm

I am having many of the same issues you are. I have followed Star Command since like 2011, and was so excited to find out about Galaxies. But I am having the same problems as you and I know many others are as well. I myself have asked for a fix to this :)

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: Questions Regarding the Tutorial

Post by stevetranby » Sat May 30, 2015 2:56 pm

I do know they're working to improve the intuitive understanding of the systems and the UI/UX of Galaxies. The tutorial bugs should hopefully be fixed in the next alpha, ideally with added information for various aspects of the game. The interaction model is changing to single-click based, from what I've read or heard in discussions, for two reasons with the first hopefully simplifying or streamlining how you interact with crew, move them, and take actions. Also, to help with use of trackpads and eventually tablet devices.

I know they do read the forums, so please consider continued posting of bugs. It may be best to list them as more specific issues for each bug to help process them and get them fixed. I'll discuss with them next week and see where they are, what the bug lists look like, and gather as much info as I can to help reply on the forums as necessary.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder