Post by Cadetfrenchy » Fri May 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Is this thing working?

Cadetfrenchy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Game not working, please help!

Post by Cadetfrenchy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Yes it isn't! Ok, here we go,

Yesterday I purchased "Star Command Galaxies, Alpha 4" and today I think I downloaded it, but it's not working right, at all.

1. The graphics aren't coming out right, at all, the beds look fine! But everything else is a mess, even the characters, and I've tried it on every graphics setting.

2. Is slow, really slow, and it's jerky, I don't know why it is, but it is!

3. Aren't you suppose to get the S.C.I.E.N.C.E thing two? I don't think I got it.

What's wrong? Is there more stuff I have to download? If there is where do I find it? Please help! I was really looking forward to getting this game, I've played Star Command on my IPad and loved it so I was thinking this would be even better! But right now I'm disappointed :.( please help.

CadetFrenchy out.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Sat May 30, 2015 3:01 pm

SCIENCE was broken in the latest builds and thus wasn't released with the latest alpha4, but it should be in alpha5. If it is still broken in the next alpha5 I'll advise them to release it out-of-band instead.

What type of system specs are you running on? It helps us diagnose as well as provide our range of systems Galaxies needs to run on with at least 30 fps. CPU, GPU, RAM?

I'll let the team know about the graphics issues, and hopefully they've already heard of these issues or seen them internally so that they are hopefully working on fixing them in the next alpha. Though I'll be honest that it's a balance between releasing timely updates (ie: monthly) vs. fixing all issues.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

Cadetfrenchy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Cadetfrenchy » Sat May 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Yes! Thank you for replying! I was starting to get worried that no one would...

Sciance is broken, ok, you might want to say something about that on your website.

I think it's a CPU, or that's what it says in System properties, and where do you find the FPS thing? Sorry I'm new to using computers :(

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Sun May 31, 2015 2:19 am

Don't worry about the CPU/FPS stuff. How old is the computer? Do you know if it's running Windows, Mac, or Linux? If you don't know that is fine, we'll continue to improve the performance regardless.

I'll also advise the Galaxies team to update the website if they don't plan to release SCIENCE (and alpha5) next week.

Cadetfrenchy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Cadetfrenchy » Sun May 31, 2015 4:09 pm

Ok, no FPS thing, it's older, but not that old, I thinks it's a(and this is be the marking in the computer) Acer Aspire one, it's never really worked that many of my games, but I was hopping it would work this one.

Yeah that would be nice, so when they do have Sciance working will I have to buy it? Or will I get it because I bought the Alpha 4?

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Post by AngerFork » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 pm

You won't need to buy anything more, Science is free. Or will be, once we have it in a place everyone can use.

As I alluded to in another post, Science is very much non-user friendly right now. We'll likely release something with Science out to people very soon, but as our focus is very much on the main game (and Science is very much a dev tool), there's a very good chance it will come out unpolished, at least at first.

Cadetfrenchy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Cadetfrenchy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Is there any way I could try installing Star Command Galaxies on a deferent computer? Because I have another computer, it's a older then the one I first tried but it seems to work better, the only problem is it's not hocked up to my Email, could I somehow make it so I could download the game on that computer without having to buy the game again?

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Just copy the zip file or folder to the other computer. Either by USB stick or other means. You can also use the same download URL on your other computer if it has internet access.

Cadetfrenchy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Cadetfrenchy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Yes! Thank you! I'll totally do that today! And then I'll explore the Galaxy! Thanks again! You guys are awesome!