Save Games Won't Load after a certain amount of time

For PC related issues or bugs.
londez
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Save Games Won't Load after a certain amount of time

Post by londez » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm running alpha 6.2, and I'm having problems getting my save game to load. If I make a new game, saving and loading games seems to work fine, but after a certain amount of progression, the game doesn't get past the loading screen. I hear a little chime, and some numbers appear on the left side of the screen, but other than that, it just hangs there.

I'm gonna play with it some more and see if I can find out what's triggering it (saving the game at space station locations maybe?)

londez
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Save Games Won't Load after a certain amount of time

Post by londez » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 pm

I got nothing. Can we please get a fix for this this week? This game seems so fun, but I can never really get far because I can't load save games. Starting from scratch over and over is getting really old.

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Post by AngerFork » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:09 am

The problem is that there is likely something that is not set right in your Saves folder, and without seeing the contents and/or the log file, it would be hard for me to fix it for you from here. It most likely involves a character that did not get autosaved right missing their XML file, which can be manually fixed if you have the Output Log, but requires some file work. If you want, email me the log file at tim@warballoon.com and I'll see if I can replicate the file for you. On my system, the log file is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Command Galaxies\StarCommandGalaxies_data\output_log.txt, but yours may vary from this.

In the next version we have been working on (release date TBA, will keep you posted), we'll have Multiple Save Slots as a Quality of Life feature, which should help give a way to prevent these issues.

londez
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by londez » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks Anger Fork, you rock! I just sent you an email. It's great to see an early access dev responding to individuals testing the game. Galaxies is gonna be great, keep up the amazing work!