Right clicking

Mac and Linux related issues or bugs.
mingofaust
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Right clicking

Post by mingofaust » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi all,

On a Mac, have the Steam Early Access, doing the tutorial, can't right click. Have a trackpad, right clicking works everywhere else on the computer. I set it to a two-finger tap. Works in every application but Star Command Galaxies. Setting it to something else (bottom right tap, control-click, etc.) does the same, works everywhere but Star Command Galaxies.

Thoughts?

Danny.

Shaxpeer
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Right clicking

Post by Shaxpeer » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm having the same problem on Mac with my trackpad. I'm able to move with a two finger tap, but can't interact with things. "Right click and hold" in particular doesn't seem to work, as I can't get the radial menus to come up. I've tried setting right click to bottom right corner of the trackpad, but then right clicking stops working altogether in the game.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: Right clicking

Post by stevetranby » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:58 am

When I'm play testing I also have a Mac and use the settings tap to click, two finger click or tap to right-click. I've also tested using the right bottom of trackpad as right click.

- To move, as you've figured out it's just regular right-click. So for me it's two finger tap or two finger click.
- To use a machine it's the same as move, if the machine supports a default action.
- To get the radial menu for an object I am able to two finger click and hold or use the right bottom corner click and hold. I often have to right-hold and then drag around a little to center on the base tile since my accuracy isn't as great as it is with a mouse.

I am not able to two finger tap and hold as that does not work. Also CTRL+click isn't being detected and should only require a small extra code check.

I will continue to advise the team to better support trackpad for everyone else and myself.

@mingofaust interesting that right-click doesn't work for you as I am able to change my trackpad preferences and have bottom corner right-click working.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder