fleet ideas, and space and ground bases

If only we could hear you scream in space, now on PC!
danznl84
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

fleet ideas, and space and ground bases

Post by danznl84 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Ok before I am told this idea sucks :( let me explain.

Fleets:
I know the game is made for 1 ship vs 1 ship battles. But what if instead of only having 1 ship you can build a fleet?

1 vs 1 but let say player has enough credits to buy some more space crafts and when in battle lets say you loose a ship and have 3 on reserve. Well another one will jump in to fight leaving you with 2 on reserve. I say this because theres alot of options of ships to choose from and maybe you can use them all?

Space bases: (player owned) might have advantages; lets say one planet has potential tourism if you have a spacebase it can generate revenue? Or you can set up a base for commerce purposes with other species of aliens?

Ground bases: might serve for acquiring technology or exploiting a specific resource.

Both space station and ground bases can come under attack from enemies. Space bases stand a chance if armed with weopons.

This are ideas are like the star wars empire at war pc game.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: fleet ideas, and space and ground bases

Post by Zavier » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 am

They have shot down the fleet idea for the reason that you're playing as a ship's captian, not some fleet commander. They want to explore the life on a ship rather than amass a lifeless blob of space metal you care none for =o
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Redilif1
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Redilif1 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:41 am

What about star bases though? Not to own, but for repairs/maintenance, recruitment, training and quests?

Upgrades! Where else would upgrades come from?

I don't imagine it's any small task, but it'd be sweet!

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Galaxies navigation system is being worked on and given focus this month. Space Stations is the term we've been throwing around, but similar in concept to star bases and our current ideas around planetary bases. Collect resources, probably purchase repairs, definitely recruiting or discovering mercenaries, ability to trade resources, etc.

@Zavier's correct on why no gameplay fleets, but maybe in future expansion we can bring in the idea that your a captain is a part of a larger fleet in subtle ways where the focus is still on your ship, your crew, your exploration, but bring in a connection to a larger overall fleet. Less BSG and more StarTrek (Galaxies) / Firefly (Mobile).

Main thing to remember is we love the ideas, we love discussing ideas internally and with the community, but at the end of the day our actually todo lists have to be much more focused.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder