Hangars and what they contain.

If only we could hear you scream in space, now on PC!
harthind
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Hangars and what they contain.

Post by harthind » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:24 am

[s]I think the crew need something to put their clothes on.[/s]

What I propose is the addition of hangars to very large ships which would include fighters, bombers, that sort of hullabaloo. These would increase the ships fighting capacity tenfold but would come at a cost of the increased amount of resources needed to maintain and staff the hangars with spare parts pilots and mechanics.

This would also include an additional job: The Pilot

The pilot tree could start out as an engineer which can become a craft mechanic, this would be the lowest rung of the pilot ladder and actually not really be pilots at all.

Until they do, at which case you can have as many pilots as you have craft and no more, when you reach a certain number of craft and pilots, preferably 4, you can elect a pilot to become a squadron leader, which will be better pilots and also boost the stats of the pilots in their squadron.

Squadron leaders can be upgraded to navigators who staff the bridge, they decrease warp times as they can navigate using faster routes, they can also spot hidden planets. (Yes that is another suggestion unto itself.)

Craft can have a wide range of models, types and classes. From fighter class rust buckets that can barely fly to top of the range bombers which are almost small ships themselves. There can even be ships suited to other races, as in craft which only can be piloted by a certain species which may have its own unique properties. (The craft and the species of course)

Another craft class suggestion is the transport, which can serve as boarding craft to attack other ships and to land on planets which may be unsafe to teleport directly or not at all.

Hangars would include maintenance bays, craft bays and a briefing room which serves as a place for the pilots to be when they are winding down.

In summary, hangars and craft would add a whole new dynamic to the game in terms of combat and planetary exploration.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Hangars and what they contain.

Post by Zavier » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 am

Mobile has a new weapon room for fighter jets... I have yet to unlock it but will post a picture when I do
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:13 am

Zavier wrote:Mobile has a new weapon room for fighter jets... I have yet to unlock it but will post a picture when I do
Fighter Jet and Rail Gun (next build) are place holders for work in progress and "developer art" rooms, heh, so I wouldn't bother posting until the ships are sent out flying next week ;)
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am

stevetranby wrote:
Zavier wrote:Mobile has a new weapon room for fighter jets... I have yet to unlock it but will post a picture when I do
Fighter Jet and Rail Gun (next build) are place holders for work in progress and "developer art" rooms, heh, so I wouldn't bother posting until the ships are sent out flying next week ;)
=[[[[[ liars!
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon