Looting the enemy

If only we could hear you scream in space, now on PC!
Romah
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Looting the enemy

Post by Romah » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:33 am

It would be neat if we could loot bodies of fallen foes for equipment, money and food.The equipment would come with random stats and in different rarities.
So there is a chance of picking up a nice blaster with increased damage and accuracy stats for example. Common equipment can then be recycled for some scrap.
Equipment would (SLOWLY!) degrade and must be repaired with scrap. Also the equipment you pick up might already be slightly damaged.
This makes sense especially if its an armor you were shooting short while ago :P
Repairing will have a chance of failure if the skill is too low wasting the scrap in effort and further damaging the gear.
Repairing would also have a tiny chance of slightly increasing a stat (UPGRADE!)

After the ship is destroyed, there should be a small chance that some of its cargo, such as food pellets survive which can the be targeted and teleported to the ship.
Destroyed ships should automatically generate some scrap regardless if it had any in its cargo hold already.
Scrap ofcourse can be sold, used for repairs, upgrades, munitions and building structured on planets.

acrylic7
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Looting the enemy

Post by acrylic7 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:35 am

I suppose it would be like Korea MMORPG in which you get items after killing the monster. The items then can be sold for money or make into certain equipment. It would be nice idea.

ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZCKman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:24 am

Good idea, especially for when they make ground settlements or space stations where we could trade out the looted items for cash $$$ :D !

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:20 pm

This scrap idea is too much like FTL.
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?