PC Alpha Priorities from a Noob

If only we could hear you scream in space, now on PC!
treesniper12
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

PC Alpha Priorities from a Noob

Post by treesniper12 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:16 pm

I Moved this to PC it was originally in mobile as an accident, sorry.

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this forum post! keep in mind I have little experience with the game and I have less than 5 hours on it, for the next alpha (from what I understand you are doing something similar to what Prison Architect and Rimworld have done.) Here's what I think you should focus on. First of all, Bugs, loads of bugs, I understand as a developer, your priority is releasing a quality product, and make your customers feel welcome as a part of the community. So bugs may well be a top priority already, but here are a few that I notice the most and encumber me in my travels. First, the first time I switch to Red or Yellow alert in a game, the alert icon gets bugged when I switch it back to green and keeps the same icon as the Red / Yellow alert, the emergency lighting and crew act as if it is Green alert though. Switching between Red and Yellow is fine however. This causes alot of the text when hovering over items to show 2 different text boxes, and my weapons and shields do not power down. The second bug is that sometimes when warping, (usually accidently clicking where I already am), I will warp into an empty area with no background and no other ships, and the navigation still works, but the button to initiate warp doesn't appear.

Next, is just a simplicity thing, that I don't think would be too hard to implement. I always assign my crew a workplace that they should work at whenever it is needed, but when I am at Green alert they will wonder off to satisfy their needs, however, when I switch back to Red/Yellow alert, or their needs are satisfied, they will not walk back to their workstation, I understand why they would hang around and have some conversation with other crew members, but as soon as they hear an alert, they will stop what they are doing, and return to their last station, I don't think this would be too hard to implement.

Now, for my favorite part, Detail. I don't like how the station is fixed on how it will look, and how small and undone it seems, I would like a degree of randomness to the room layout and theme, but the station sprite could be kept the same. I would also like a dynamic story for the full game, (and by the diplomacy tab thats what it looks like) I really like the startrek feel of the game, and I would also like to have allies to aid me, and also maybe fleet battles (partially implemented) and the ability to control multiple ships.I don't like feeling like a renegade, I love to feel part of a bigger picture, and would like to be able to return to Earth to get promotions, assignments, and familiarize myself with star command staff.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you consider this with your next Alpha releases, This game has huge potential, and I would like to help give a small nudge in the right direction.

P.S. I really would like if the game was focused on having more crewmen, which the return to battlestations would be necessary for, Have some of the larger ships with potential crew capacities of 20-50, which makes me feel like I am making a difference in the galaxy, aswell as a dynamic universe, like you would see a freighter doing a cargo run, and later see that ship again mining some asteroids. Carriers are another idea. but this isn't a Alpha suggestion as much as it is a Game story suggestion, so just keep that in mind too, cheers.

One final thing, i am using the steam version of the game