SC Galaxies - what can you do in it? *SPOILERS*

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
jackmcc
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: SC Galaxies - what can you do in it? *SPOILERS*

Post by jackmcc » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 am

Zavier wrote:I noticed if I have all 3 die on the planet I can't get back to my ship... Not that it matters ;)
I've noticed that if 3-people die on the surface, after a little while, a 'Teleport' button appears at the top of the screen which allows me to return to my ship but it's an external view of a greyed out ship and I can't zoom in far enough to access an internal view and move around my 1-remianing character.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 am

jackmcc wrote:I can't seem to find any food crates / palettes / boxes on the surface. I have now discovered the native race in addition to the Antorians on the surface but they don't seem to do anything.

There is a food palette on the ship (dropbox.com/s/3tggpu4o3o1nuz2/Screenshot%202014-12-20%2013.20.38.png?dl=0) and it says to put it in the refrigerator but I can't see or work out how to do this - does anyone know?
They look like the refrigerators but on the planet
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

DonReba
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DonReba » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:28 am

I found you can also start a fire on the surface that consumes everything, including your crew.

jackmcc
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by jackmcc » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:43 am

DonReba wrote:I found you can also start a fire on the surface that consumes everything, including your crew.
I managed this too but on the ship. Have no idea how I did it though.

Wintersong
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Wintersong » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Some keys work like in the editor. I think it's "p" the one that sets tubes on the ground. There was another for fire but I don't remember it. Randomly pressing keys ended with a wall corner over one of the security guys. :p

I wish there was something more to do in the alpha right now. Or less Antorians. I haven't managed to find stuff in the planets because of hordes of antorians, Sometimes my crew members behaving strangely doesn't help. Like trying to retreat two red guys and the medic... and the medic insisting on going back to being shot down. XD

Despite that, I'm feeling quite excited about SCG. Give us more (even if buggy) stuff to do!

jackmcc
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by jackmcc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Ok, so I thought i'd make a quick video of what i've found so far including keys that do (strange) things and bugs.
Here's the vid if anyone's interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb3dl9kh3o2lf ... w.mp4?dl=0

DonReba
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DonReba » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:55 pm

You sure wrecked that ship. :)

The food pellet: when you come up to it, you get the option to place it into your inventory (the red grid). Then, when you go to the fridge, you will see two red grids — one for your inventory, with the food pellet, and one for the fridge. When you have food in the fridge, the kitchen will no longer display that "out of food" icon, and you will be able to cook. All for naught, however, since you will get hungry again in a few seconds, anyway.

On the surface, if you just stand for a while, the food pellets will start appearing. And don't forget to take the medic on your away missions.

justincoombs21
Developer
Developer

Post by justincoombs21 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Ths food is broken right now, but it is a in-development-system, that is not fully completed. Really son you can run out of food, and recharge it. Sorry for the fake teaser in the game.

RedShirt
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by RedShirt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 am

jackmcc wrote:It seems you can only use certain crew members to unpack boxes.
I think I used the wrong crew member to open a box at one point. It started a fire that spread throughout the entire ship in a wave. Very odd, haven't been able to recreate it since.

DonReba
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DonReba » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:44 am

RedShirt wrote:I think I used the wrong crew member to open a box at one point. It started a fire that spread throughout the entire ship in a wave. Very odd, haven't been able to recreate it since.
Only the engineer can unpack boxes, because IKEA has not been invented in this universe, apparently. You start fires by pressing F and left-clicking at the thing you want to burn.

By the way, to add to the list of things you can do: you can damage equipment and have your engineer repair it. Too bad there is no levelling. Will there be?