Refund

Post by EmTom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:45 am

So... where to start...

Game website states that there are features implemented as follows:
1. Ship building
2. Planet exploration
3. Starships
4. Ship to ship combat

I felt tempted to try it out, sandbox galaxy etc... kind of Star Trek experience perhaps. Current build is a disaster though. I tried it for like 10 minutes and am feeling completely mislead by the website. First of all there's no ship building, no planet exploration, no sandbox galaxy. There is a starship and a ship to ship combat (heh... just typed shit instead of ship by mistake and was tempted to leave it that way...) that is not very compelling too. Unfortunately.

So... even as I may still be interested in the game when it reaches some more playable form, I'd like to ask for a refund now, cause I'd prefer not to buy anything as incomplete as this game. How should I proceed with the refund? Is it possible? Who to contact directly?

harthind
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Refund

Post by harthind » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:28 am

So. . . where to start. . .

You buy a very, very early alpha game in which it says that not all the features are implemented to completion and complain that the game is incomplete.

As for the features themselves:
1: That is currently in the S.C.I.E.N.C.E program atm and not in the full game as of yet.
2: Planet exploration was not in alpha 3 as it was a ship-to-ship combat test, but I can fully assure you that planet exploration has been there from the start.
3: Your crew are on one
4: Alpha 3 in a nutshell

To sum your post up in a metaphor, you have just complained that the foetus isn't talking yet and so therefore you want an abortion.

Pufferfishboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Pufferfishboy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:58 pm

I agree with harthind, it also clearly states before you buy it, and all over the website that it is the Alpha version. Because you just bought it, you are starting from Alpha 3. I started from Alpha 2. From here you will get access to all the other Alpha's that come out, and a steam key when the full game comes out. Don't give up on Star Command just yet, it will be worth it!

EmTom
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by EmTom » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 am

Thanks for your replies guys. You did not answer my question though. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund and if so, how?

Pufferfishboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Pufferfishboy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning toward no.

hurleybird
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by hurleybird » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:11 am

I just bought the game earlier today, and also found that the overall tone on the main page suggested a far more playable version than what I downloaded (which only fits the loosest definition of the word 'playable'). This should probably be titled pre-alpha instead of alpha, but to an extent we're dealing with semantics.

I'm not going to ask for a refund, because

a) It's only 20 bucks, and
b) Given the quality of the mobile game I have confidence something really excellent will take shape.

That said, as a fellow indie developer I personally wouldn't have released an early access build in this state. I totally get where the OP is coming from, and if it's important to him I hope he gets his refund... but if I were him I would tough it out for a bit to see how things progress first.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:06 pm

We'd love to have you try out alpha 4 first, but if you'd like a refund please send an email to starcommandgame [at] gmail or DM me and I'll make sure to pass it along to the Galaxies sales team.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZCKman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm

I have to agree with EmTom, I am not planning to ask for a refund because based on the mobile app i'm sure this game will shape out very well. BUT the website does state that we get ship designers and stuff like that which we don't. I am really looking forward to the next update because constant ship battles isn't as fun as exploring new worlds and making ships. So I defiantly understand what EmTom is saying. Is there an estimated date for the Alpha 4? I am really looking forward to that.

QwertyMan
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by QwertyMan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 pm

EmTom wrote:So... where to start...

Game website states that there are features implemented as follows:
1. Ship building
2. Planet exploration
3. Starships
4. Ship to ship combat

I felt tempted to try it out, sandbox galaxy etc... kind of Star Trek experience perhaps. Current build is a disaster though. I tried it for like 10 minutes and am feeling completely mislead by the website. First of all there's no ship building, no planet exploration, no sandbox galaxy. There is a starship and a ship to ship combat (heh... just typed shit instead of ship by mistake and was tempted to leave it that way...) that is not very compelling too. Unfortunately.

So... even as I may still be interested in the game when it reaches some more playable form, I'd like to ask for a refund now, cause I'd prefer not to buy anything as incomplete as this game. How should I proceed with the refund? Is it possible? Who to contact directly?
\

NOOO, DON'T REFUND! ALPHA 4 IS COMING! ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST BUILD, DON'T REFUND OR YOU WILL REGRET IT! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: PLEASE WAIT FOR SCIENCE THIS MONTH!
QwertyMan. The world's future.
"DANG YOU ADDAMS!"