Alpha 4 slated for Friday, 5/8

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Alpha 4 slated for Friday, 5/8

Post by AngerFork » Tue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Good afternoon everyone! I wanted to come and let you all know that we are currently slating the release of Star Command: Galaxies - Alpha 4 for some point this Friday, May 8th.

As Zavier mentioned in another post on the forum, we had planned initially for Wednesday to get it out. However, we have a couple of things we need to fix up first. As we've said before, it's far more important to get something out that's fun and in working condition than to get something out quickly. In Alpha 4, we've added several new features to give the game a more complete feel, my personal favorite being Navigation. This means that you will be able to travel around a procedurally generated galaxy, completing missions and gaining various rewards (money for now, but much more later).

We've also started on some back end save work, which means that each person that plays it will have a different crew on startup. This will allow you to resume your game, which should make SC:G less of a rogue-like. Expectation is to have the Resume Game feature in on Friday, we'll let you know how it goes.

There are a lot of other features and design improvements I'm intentionally not going into here, because we're anxious to see what everyone thinks of them. Do they really improve the game? Are they even noticed? Or are there still features that we need to better guide players towards, as we strongly found with Alpha 3?

Thank you all for being so patient with us, we're very excited to show you what we've been working on! Let us know what you think, good or bad.

SpaceBiteLove
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Alpha 4 slated for Friday, 5/8

Post by SpaceBiteLove » Tue May 05, 2015 4:25 pm

aww *****, this is gonna be a long week.

ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Alpha 4 slated for Friday, 5/8

Post by ZCKman » Tue May 05, 2015 5:26 pm

I am so excited! Thanks for giving us the update, we really appreciate it. Good job keep up the good work!