Questions to be answered

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
SUPERSHOOTER25
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Questions to be answered

Post by SUPERSHOOTER25 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:11 pm

I am just curious, how would I get updates in the future for star command galaxies and how do I get a steam key like the star command alpha 1 video said? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Re: Questions to be answered

Post by AngerFork » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:30 am

Good morning! You'll get updates through Star Command: Galaxies via email each time we put up an update. We'll refresh the amount of downloads you have (currently 5), and can refresh those if circumstances arise. Additionally, I'll also usually talk about the new Alpha versions here on the forums.

Currently, this is all in SendOwl as we are not yet on Steam...but once we are, we'll let you know if there's anything you need to do for your Steam Key. That'll likely come through the same channels. SendOwl, Forums, etc.

SUPERSHOOTER25
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by SUPERSHOOTER25 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks! It is cool that the developers actually answer our questions. Also,this wont be like spacebase DF-9 where you promise a lot and never finish, right?

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Post by AngerFork » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 am

Definitely not! Unless something catastrophic happens (Godzilla attack, etc), we've got plans and items in the code to ensure our promises get met so long as they make sense for the game. :)

SUPERSHOOTER25
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by SUPERSHOOTER25 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Cool. I am stuck on the tutorial currently due to bugs and I was wondering, does the ship building from scratch and planet exploration really exist? ( I have been stuck in a loop for the tutorial due to the tutorial mission's bugs so I haven't seen much with my own eyes.)

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:10 am

The tutorial is incomplete in Alpha 4.

Also, ship building with the SCIENCE tool was removed from Alpha 4 due to a lack of user friendliness...from what I understand they are going to work on the SCIENCE tool and re-release it.
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?